Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 56 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2006 - 03:00 PM

I bought this diablo off of ebay(Yes, im edicted too!). The kit was made by IFG it is the 99 VT roadster. It also came with the tube chassis that they offer.
Now here is what it did not come with---
1) Both doors inner and out sections
2) the rear deck lid, the wing
3) the inner fender wall incerts
4) the interiour(except the seats)
Now I have probly missed about a million things and could use all the advise that I can get. But if anyone has any of these parts write me back in this forum!
I bought a dodge v10 to put in this vehicle and not sure what transmission will work with it.

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2006 - 05:46 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I measured a Viper V10 and in order for it to fit into a replica chassis (more room than a Fiero) I would need to cut into the interior by about six inches. OR, turn the works around and use a V drive.
If you are using a IFG chassis I think you will have the room to mount it sideways and use a FWD transmission.
If you can not find the panels you need, Ray at IFG may be able to amke them for you. Another person you will want to try is Jack at American Supercar Concepts.

Jim

brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2006 - 06:18 AM

Ok ! Thank's
I will check into it . I appreciate the advice. I will have to figure something out that's for sure. But I tell you I sure would like to but it in straight ahead.

kevkev60Offline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2006 - 03:18 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Brian The Check my photo diary on page 2 Under kevkev60. I'm the first to successfully use a replica drivetrain configuration, it works beautifully and I'm selling plans for the drivetrain and chassis construction starting in mid May. Viper motor will fit perfectly facing backwards just the Diablo/ Murci http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album20&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Kevin Kevkev60

brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2006 - 04:31 PM

Thanks kevin, I am actually thinking on witch transmission to use in this vehicle. I was in the junk yard the other day and I noticed an audi with four wheel drive. I was wondering since the vt diablo delivers power to te front as well, Maybe it might be possible to use that trany or one simular in a diablo with the v10

brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hey kevin one other thing I was wondering what company made the body kit you have ?

AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject: RE: My first diablo(first time putting any kit together)  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2006 - 08:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

B,

The audi quatro drivetrain will not work without a LOT of work and it will be to long if you tried to use a reverse drive on it.

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

me+diabloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2006 - 01:19 AM

Hey, i have 2 extra outter door skins for the diablo, a wing and the inner door skins...the only thing i am also missing is the upper part of the door....just on the outside. if that makes sense? it's the piece that meets up with the mirror and goes up....and down and ends where the door handle is... hahaha

but yeah i have some of the parts you need....email me if your interested?
sportbike_ryder@hotmail.com

or just PM me...

later

capt,ginyu
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2006 - 09:33 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Brainbsalty

Keep me posted on your build, I been waiting for someone to use a Viper engine in there build!.

Jump to: