Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 51 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LambeiroOffline
18 Post subject: Northstar engine-trans wiring diagram  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2008 - 07:14 AM

Can someone out there steer me to a wiring schematic for the N* engine? Can't the oem setup with ECM be used when installed in a Fiero chassis? or must an aftermarket setup be purchased? Thanks for any info in advance.

Lambeiro

Reply with quote Back to top
hiperf454Offline
Post subject: RE: Northstar engine-trans wiring diagram  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2008 - 04:35 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I would like to know this also

LambeiroOffline
Post subject: RE: Northstar engine-trans wiring diagram  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2008 - 05:04 AM

hiperf454 wrote:
I would like to know this also
Hiperf454, the best that I can come up with is a new engine ecm is needed and a tcm for the 4T80E will be needed. There are just too many data inputs needed to operate the N* that won't be there if the motor is transplanted. The '00 to present PCM will lock up if there is an attempt to reprogram or to run without receiving the needed data inputs. CHRFAB makes a PCM hookup but pricey $1800+, make sure that it handles spark and fuel control. TCI has a TCM for the trans for $750+. Oh well, we knew going in that this would make a lot of people rich Smile

LambeiroOffline
Post subject: RE: Northstar engine-trans wiring diagram  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2009 - 07:28 PM

I decided to go with a Wester's Garage PCM. They reprogramed a PCM to run my N* engine and the 4T80 trans for under $600. I should be able to fire this set up by the end of June/09 when I join the Cadillac cradle to the Fiero passenger compartment. I will let the forum know if it goes rummmmmp, rummmmmp! Now, back to the drawing board to work on the tube chassis. This is fun!!!

Jump to: