Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 70 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkhorseOffline
5 Post subject: Chevy 350 cut out  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2009 - 10:43 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I'm running a stock 350 chevy in my replica and I will start it when the engine is cold and it has a little trouble starting at first then when it does start it will cut out after only 10-20 sec. After that it will not start again for hours untill the engine is completely cold again. Everything is new and I had it running well just a few days ago. I suck when it comes to carburators. Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem? I really need ur input on this one guys Thanks. -Mike

Reply with quote Back to top
thewirewizzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2009 - 12:24 PM
KitCentral Fellow

pull a plug , see what it looks like . there is a chart inside the back cver of every haynes manual repair book ,try the 78 camero maybe. next I would check for spark sounds like your dist. is missing pulse signal when it get warm. I have seen sparkplugs foul out from to much fuel .they will be all blackend.this would also make your engine do this.good luck Cool steve
ps: if you set your rocker arms too tight you will loose your vacume when it warms up

darkhorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2009 - 09:17 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks steve, I will try that out for sure I noticed last time I was checking for spark there was some fuel on the spark plugs because at first I wasen't getting full combustion. However I know that the rocker arms are at the correct toruqe, great suggestion though. Steve How do I make certain that my distributor is working? Can i just check for spark on each wire? Thanks Steve. -Mike

Jump to: