Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 62 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sgormanOffline
Post subject: Freight N Shipping  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2008 - 04:22 PM

I purchased a body kit and had it shipped from CA to SC. I used www.freightandshipping.com. They quoted me $800. They contracted Yellow Shipping to ship the body kit.

First off, Yellow was late by 3 days to pick up the shipment, they then lost the shipment and tracked it to a different location, and it finally ended up not even leaving CA for 4 weeks.

Freight N Shipping NEVER called me back after numerous calls to their service dept.

Five months after I finally received my shipment, Freight N Shipping charged my debit card an additional $7,000!! They told me that it was a "rebill" from Yellow. I called my bank (Wachovia) and they told me that the type of transaction was "a type of fraud" because I never autorized the rebill amount. Freight N Shipping refunded about $6,100 back to me but I'm still fighting the rest.

Freight N Shipping is out of Clearwater, FL. I will never ship with them ever again. Beware of this company.

Reply with quote Back to top
DominiqueOffline
Post subject: RE: Freight N Shipping  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2008 - 08:03 PM
KitCentral Fellow

We all know these company's are scammers because they know we need them !!

facebook:lambonick@hotmail.com

BrianJonesOffline
Post subject: RE: Freight N Shipping  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2008 - 09:27 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks for the info !!

Powered by a Supercharged Mazda 13B Rotary

sttsOffline
Post subject: RE: Freight N Shipping  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2008 - 11:11 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Im going to be out in Clearwater in a week, Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap...

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=STTS-Build-Was-Pure-Gold-Exotic&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

sttskitcentral@yahoo.com

LambeiroOffline
Post subject: RE: Freight N Shipping  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 - 03:14 PM

How did I miss this post??? They ripped me for over $600 and never picked up my body in Nevada. Now I know why kitcars end up costing so much. Live and learn my brothers. Kick em once or twice for me stts. Evil or Very Mad

JC

MIKEBAUEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 - 04:41 PM
KitCentral Fellow

There is a network of shippers who are guys that used to haul cars back and forth for the dealerships across tha US
They now bid on shipping various items from cars to fifth wheels on a web site related to Ebay because of the economy. The prices are more than reasonable. There is so much competition that most of the time they are just looking for gas money to get them back home. You can find a heck of a deal.
I know because my brother in law is one of them. He helped me with the 2 cars that i am building now. He will deliver some thing anywhere in the us but still needs to get home. To save his profit he will bid on the road and bid enough just get the gas money home.

Any body needs anything shipped anywhere in the us at any time just PM me and i will connect you to him. All of his equipment is first rate and so is his service.

Example: when we picked up Pauls car we shipped a honda from Atlanta to Houston for $400 total. It was just gas money to get us there.

MIKEBAUEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 07, 2009 - 01:55 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I should have mentioned. You dont pay until the item is at your door.

tokickOffline
Post subject: vehicle shipping  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2009 - 05:50 PM

I have purchased a bmw 750 from WA and had it quoted out for shipping to SC. I had quotes all across the board. I did not choose the cheapest or the most expencsive but in the middle. I researched and found AROUND THE GLOBE TRANSPORT LLC. the are out of FL. I was quoted a price and payed a deposit of reasable amount. The kicker is that I need it picked up by the 10/8 they agreed to this date. Know granite it was the 2nd when I signed there quote, Gave them 6 day to get a truck under it. Know they are telling me that they more money because a driver has to go out of his way. A action yard that sells every Monday has hunder off cars. The point is that they are not paying the storage and want more money, but they got theirs. These do not hold up there own contracts. They hold your over a barrel to get more money. I am letting eveyone know to beware of these guys. I will be posting on all networks of the way they do business. They rate themselves as customer satifactory service. RIGHT.

Jump to: