Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 74 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
going4brokeOffline
Post subject: Headers for Archie V8 conversion?  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2009 - 03:23 PM

I have my SBC 327 installed with the Archie V8 kit and the current manifolds on it are some block hugger headers. The forward header shouldn't be a problem but the "rear" header is sitting directly over the axle and not enough clearance to run the exhaust pipes. Can anyone suggest a set of headers that work well without breaking the bank?

Thanks...

G4B

Reply with quote Back to top
dBOffline
Post subject: RE: Headers for Archie V8 conversion?  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2009 - 01:11 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi:

How much vertical gap between header flange and axle?
Consider a 90 degree elbow and custom tubing.

dB.................

going4brokeOffline
Post subject: RE: Headers for Archie V8 conversion?  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2009 - 06:42 PM

I was looking at that option first but there is only about 2" of clearance right now and there is just no way an elbow will squeeze in there. I was looking at some Chevy S-10 V8 conversion headers thru Jegs Auto because they seem to sweep back a little instead of straight down but I hate buying anything if I am not 100% sure they will fit.

dBOffline
Post subject: RE: Headers for Archie V8 conversion?  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2009 - 07:26 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi:

There might be (2) things:
- What does Archie do?
- There are Hugger headers that have a couple of vertical height options. Summit Racing Tech help is darned good at giving dimensions and if things do not fit, they may be returned. (please verfy).
- Also a header kit with a flange, pipes and a collector might be used. Bolt the flange in place, mount each pipe and rotate it in place to provide clearance and tack weld. Then place the next pipe..... and finalize with the collector. If needed you can take it to a professional welder and have it finished off.

dB..............

AARTD1Offline
Post subject: Sanderson Headers  PostPosted: Nov 01, 2009 - 01:16 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Sanderson Headers (sandersonheaders.com) sells a CC2 block hugger header that is only 4" tall and would work on your application. They aren't real cheap ($245) but they might be your best option. Check out their website.

Gary

kjschroedOffline
Post subject: RE: Sanderson Headers  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2009 - 12:52 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Archie calls for Henderson CC90's. I used both their 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 primaries on my setup. I need to sell my 1 1/2" ovals if anyone is interested. They have less than 30 mins of run time. Here's pics on my Fiero transverse setup.

http://www.mytajgarage.com/Exhaust.html

Jump to: