Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 72 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BandBCustomsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2010 - 02:43 AM

tallon wrote:
jdinner wrote:

All the steel for the chassis came in under $1200.00CDN - less than some Fieros out there.
Just a couple of things to think about...

No one mentions that you have to pay 1500 USD for the chassis plans -.-

You also need to remember there is the suspension (usually Corvette) and the engine and trans mounts. Sterring column, and pedals. And the list just continues. I would be interested in anyone that can offer as nice of chassis for under the $13,900 the ASC chassis is offered. I usually figure a bottom price of $20K with the Fiero donor, and bottom of $50K with the tubular chassis. We still offer the Diabolic kit and have current build diaries on our web site.

B and B Customs
P.O. Box 6667
Visalia, CA. 93290

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
tallonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2010 - 03:28 AM

BandBCustoms wrote:

You also need to remember there is the suspension (usually Corvette) and the engine and trans mounts. Sterring column, and pedals. And the list just continues...

I know there are a lot of things to buy after buying the plans, that's why I don't want to pay so much for plans which doesn't give you any of the items you just mentioned. Also, if you find out you don't like the plans, you waste $1,500 that could have gone toward the project. No one jumps out of the plans to help you out, either so I don't see how 1.5k isn't overpriced, all the work is done by the person buying the plans. I am not saying it's a lot of money but it does not go toward the project, if it did, it would pay for a lot of the parts or a lot of the tubular steel.
For the parts required to finish the project, at least you can save up for them as you build, but I can't even start it without spending the 1,500 which I wouldn't normally throw away for basically nothing all in one single transaction especially when I'm not even started on the project.

I've changed my mind a hundred times and wanted to use a fiero instead but it's not an easy decision especially since you keep convincing me that a custom tubular chassis is better in so many ways, which I know it is, and that I'm ready to build it.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: