Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 54 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chris_ThomasOffline
Post subject: Lowering Alternator and AC  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 - 06:14 AM

I know many of you have lowered your engine accessories, such as the alternator and AC compressor. I have a 1996 LT4 SBC from a vette. The alternator and compressor are too high and interfere with the firewall. If I can get them lower than the throttle body, it will work. Of course by changing the the stock configuration, I will need to find an alternative serpentine belt and possibly idler pulleys. Can someone point me to some potential links that may have a solution or share your solutions. Here is one site that I am looking at, but was looking for another choice or two as well.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

Regards,
Chris Thomas
D&R SV

http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album72&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Reply with quote Back to top
mikeo
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 - 06:25 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi Chris, you should try www.Marchperf.com and also do a search on a company called "Alan Grove". He makes all kinds of brackets out of laser cut steel and they are pretty reasonable, because they come raw. March makes awesome stuff, but it is pricey!! Very Happy I've used both, but I prefer Alan Grove, I'm not much for the billet thing...

michaelsmithOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 13, 2011 - 09:43 AM

Takes a lot of modification to make some space for the alternator and the a/c. I guess the mounting should be fabricated if you are relocating some parts.

Jump to: