Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 51 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FutureMurciOwnerOffline
Post subject: ExtremeSportsCars Pricing  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2011 - 07:15 AM

So I live in the US, and the price is 800 Euros to ship a built Murci from there to my state, and it will cost me a total of 19,000 Euros for a full build [All parts installed, including headlights, emblems, etc and labor] on a MR2 that I send to them.

This was my quote from them, converted it over to USD and its a bit under 40,000.

This seems really cheap to me, the only flaw I see is that it will still have interior of an MR2 [which im fine with] now I want to ask you guys, is this a good price? Also they told me it would take approx. 8 weeks to complete the project. [Which is alot faster than me doing it..]

Reply with quote Back to top
spyder3000gtvr4Offline
Post subject: RE: ExtremeSportsCars Pricing  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2011 - 01:14 PM

i would never send 40k overseas, once its sent its gone! i personally got ripped off by a company that IFG told me to send my car to in california. and do some research on the company i know nothing about them other then another post i just read that does not say good things about them! 40k with an mr2 interior doesnt sound all that cheap to me, either it probably has the mr2 brakes, suspension and motor still so for 40K there putting a body on a streched chassis and painting it??? hell i'll do your build for you for 40k then

Back on the scene since my IFG VT was stolen in 2000. IFG told me to send it to the builder Jim (james) Alger of LKC Custom Cars at Lambokits.com in northridge Califorina. never saw my red 3800sc 5speed with pop-up headlights again!

notnilc20Offline
Post subject: RE: ExtremeSportsCars Pricing  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2011 - 12:02 AM

I wouldn't send that much money either. This industry is crawling with scammers. I don't see how you got your conversion either. Right now, 1 Euro is worth about $1.43 cents.....so 19000 Euros comes to around $27,287. This IS very cheap and very suspicious.... but I don't know anything about that company so I don't want to say anything bad about them.

Spyder3000 sorry to hear about your story. Did you ever go after them legally?? Just wondering.

beyondcustomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2011 - 12:08 AM

I have been apart of this forum for around 7 years and it seems to be a be a good platform for providing support. perhaps people here could give you options for companies that can build you the murci you require and perhaps in the US. We have built 2 lambo's on a tube chassis using all the MR2 components in the past and works fine. And will allow you to have a the murci interior. But keeps your cost's low.
we are currently building 2 murci's and 2 6.0s for members on this forum. as im sure people in the us are too building for people on here.
If you were to deal with over seas, a detailed visit to find out the actual work force, turn over times, product quality would be warranted. as many people here can tell you, cheap does not always pay.

Leon

side-winderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 - 11:27 AM

I would be very cautious with extreme.

I am based in England, and am about 4 hour drive from them.

when I payed them it took them 3 months before they would send me parts.

I then did not get all parts. it took a lot of calling and emails before I got parts.

I am still missing parts but its a lot of work sitting around to get them.

I think they believe if you will never visit them or live far away they can rip you off.

It seems people who brought the kit who live near to them seem to be happy.

Party_AnimalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2011 - 05:28 PM

side-winder wrote:
I would be very cautious with extreme.

I am based in England, and am about 4 hour drive from them.

when I payed them it took them 3 months before they would send me parts.

I then did not get all parts. it took a lot of calling and emails before I got parts.

I am still missing parts but its a lot of work sitting around to get them.

I think they believe if you will never visit them or live far away they can rip you off.

It seems people who brought the kit who live near to them seem to be happy.

Extreme are the worst company I've ever dealt with. They're incredibly friendly and will offer you the earth until they have your money and then good luck even getting a response from them.

I live in the UK and only an hour away. My kit had numerous parts missing, including steelwork and body panels.

They ignored my phone calls, text messages and emails and when I complained on the Extreme forum, they fed me with lame excuses that they never received them (I even used hidden tracking on my emails and they read every one of them).

I've heard similar stories from a lot of other buyers. Even if your close enough to them, their premises are locked down tighter than a ducks arse. You can bang and bang on the doors but no one will answer.

In the end I just gave up and sold the kit on. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, let alone someone who isn't in the UK. Their kits may be accurate but their service stinks.

spyder3000gtvr4Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2011 - 09:04 PM

take this as a lesson if buying a kit...
1: pick it up in person
2: fully examine every aspect/detail and inverntory each piece! in person
3: pay when fully satisfied when picking it up in person
there is only a few people i trust in this oh so very shady replica world.

Back on the scene since my IFG VT was stolen in 2000. IFG told me to send it to the builder Jim (james) Alger of LKC Custom Cars at Lambokits.com in northridge Califorina. never saw my red 3800sc 5speed with pop-up headlights again!

Jump to: