Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 50 unlogged users and 2 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
capricceOffline
Post subject: Isuzu tranny  PostPosted: Jul 07, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I'm planing to build a countach , some countach builders use isuzu tranny for chevy V8 . My question : which isuzu that is ? then in my country there are no porsche from early, just new exclussive porsches , so it's impossible to find used 914,915 or 930 transmission .
Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
flyhilandsoft
Post subject: RE: Isuzu tranny  PostPosted: Jul 08, 2008 - 05:41 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I am not sure on this type of transaxle. I have not seen one so that is a great question. There are plenty of 914 types on ebay here in the states and they are very cheap. Now getting a good one is another question. Shipping would be quite expensive but since they are not expensive to buy so maybe it will offset the cost a little. I think if you get a 914 you want the side shifter type not the tail shifter type, The 915 is also inexpensive and readily available. I would think that you could find both of these in Europe and it would be cheaper to ship to your country. The 930 is probably the most durable Porsche transaxle but is very expensive. It is only a 4 speed as opposed to a 914 and 915.

http://www.siennacountach.net/gallery2/album129?page=1

http://countachbuild.shutterfly.com/pictures#:albumId=2303
Password-aluminum

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 25, 2008 - 05:04 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The G50 transaxles from the later model Porsches would work fine for you. The only Isuzu transaxle I know of that has been used with a V8 is the one in the 4 cylinder Fiero. This makes for a transverse installation while the Porsche is a longitudinal position. Also check into the transaxle from the new Porsche Cayman. They should work with a V8. I will be developing an adaptor to use these with the LS1 engine. Can you find any of the Audi 5000 transaxles? That would be another option.

nicopatternoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2011 - 04:52 AM

Oh I never knew that you can put on some Isuzu Parts on a kit car. Anyways its nice to know that you can mix up components from other brand that's the essence of building a kit car right?

Jump to: