Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 53 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
matshOffline
Post subject: bmw m70 v12 with twin turbo on the dyno  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 - 10:54 AM

Hi guys finaly i havge been on the dyno with my car.
complete original bmw 750 engine original ecus and auto tranny.
jut innstaled twin turbo. and at 0.5bar of boost i had 440hp in engine the nm was not correct, because of the auto tranny we could not floor it before after 4500rpm or the tranny would just shift dovn. so when i finaly pushed full throtle and got boost i had 529nm at 4953 but i think i have alot more of torq lower dovn.

some pictures

Reply with quote Back to top
cribbjOffline
Post subject: RE: bmw m70 v12 with twin turbo on the dyno  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 - 01:35 PM

Congratulations & nice pics! 440 at the rear wheels is impressive with only 0.5bar of boost, especially with the OEM ECU, losses in the A/T, etc.

What is the A/R ratio of the exhaust side of your turbos? They look like they will make boost very early.

It'll be interesting to follow your progress with this as you start cranking up the boost....

matshOffline
Post subject: RE: bmw m70 v12 with twin turbo on the dyno  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 - 02:11 PM

440 is in the engine,, thats the number the dyno said.
375 is on the wheels. Wink that is more reliable siffer. the correct transmision loss can be a litle off.

dont remember the sise of the turbos. i can check that later today, those are some cheap as ebay nonsense turbos. will change them later to some turbonetics.

cribbjOffline
Post subject: RE: bmw m70 v12 with twin turbo on the dyno  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 - 05:33 PM

Sorry, misread your first post (or was secretly hoping you meant 440 @ the rear wheels)

17% drivetrain loss does seem a very conservative assumption, especially for an older, original transmission with quite a few KM's on it. If you bumped that figure up to 20%, it would mean nearly 470 engine HP Wink

It'll be very interesting to see what 1.0bar of boost produces, but I'm sure you'll be making some changes in the fuel system before you're ready to boost that high?

matshOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 - 05:53 PM

yhea, other turbos and a stand alone fuel system and a singel intake plenum is my plan for the winter. then i will dyno it and then check. hmm, maybe there is around 20% i dont know. auto tranny is much of power loss. and i use the 750 diff and made an adapter to fit the original axles.218km/h at 3 gear Wink

sbeckman7Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 11, 2012 - 04:54 AM

Anyone know details of this guy's ECU setup? I wasn't aware the stock computers could cope with the added power and complexity of a TT setup.

Jets303Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2012 - 02:20 PM

I too would like to know how he was able to boost without an ecu tuning program? Granted its only 7lbs but he squeezed out so much horse!

Jump to: