Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 44 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cikamileOffline
3 Post subject: AVENTADOR ????BEST MURCIELAGO BODY AND INTERIOR?????  PostPosted: Jul 05, 2012 - 04:16 AM

I just started my project last week so Im shopping around for a good kit. I want it to be almost if not 100% inside out as the real murcielago. I looked around carkitinc, but Im a little skeptical of them, especially when I ran onto a site "carkitmaker" and they seem to have 90% of the same pictures and kits as carkitinc. I emailed carkitmaker.com and asked them if they have anything to do with carkitinc and what the difference was. I also asked about their aventador kit (they claim to have one but no pics). He only responded to the aventador question not the question why he has so many same pics and videos as carkitinc. He never replied again and now the site is down lol. So I would like to know where can I buy a GREAT kit and interior as well, murcielago or aventador, and not get screwed over??

Thanks Guys!
(Using a Fiero Donor, will be streached proffesionally to the kit once i get it)

Reply with quote Back to top
notnilc20Offline
Post subject: Re: AVENTADOR ????BEST MURCIELAGO BODY AND INTERIOR?????  PostPosted: Jul 08, 2012 - 05:43 AM

you won't find one 100% accurate. IMHO, trying to be 100% accurate is over-rated. It's great if it could be done, but it's not worth the trouble in my opinion. You will still have an exotic car that very well replicates a Lamborghini Murcielago and 99.9% people won't know the better. Unless you do a poor job on the build.

The best body for the money for your fiero is probably the G28 which is now the Mercy-2 from Carkitinc as you've seen already. They are legit. The other guy Carkitmaker is located in the same town as Carkitinc (CKI) and is basically a builder and uses CKI's kits. But to answer your question, CKI is a reputable kit provider and many of us have bought from them. Jackie at CKI is not primarily a car kit seller, he has like a "Need cash fast" type business and he does the kit stuff on the side.

Another kit maker is Rob aka RobsLP640. I can't tell you much about him b/c I've never dealt with him. From what I've gathered, his kits are of good quality for the money as well but it's the same moulds that CKI uses except from what I've read Rob hand lays his fiberglass whereas CKI uses a chopper gun. I've heard good and bad things. But that's typical in this industry. You can't make everyone happy.

Finally there is John Watson, whom has a reputation as having the 100% accurate kit that I said earlier wasn't possible. Razz It's the most expensive body as well (I've heard). It's of great quality too. It's moulded off a real Murcielago. Cool right? Well, the downside is that a lot of the donor parts you can use for the Mercy-2 won't work with the Watson kit, so you're stuck buying OEM parts that cost a fortune....(ie windsheild alone costs over $3,000). But it's all about how much money you want to put into this build.

I'm' sure by now you've seen murci-me's build? His is the best example of a replica Murcielago and he did it with the G28 or Mercy-2 that CKI offers. So anything is possible.

That's it in a nutshell....if you want, go to www.Lamboclone.com it's a forum that has majority Murcielago builders. Tell em notnilc20 sent you. Later.

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: AVENTADOR ????BEST MURCIELAGO BODY AND INTERIOR?????  PostPosted: Jul 08, 2012 - 09:41 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I don't think you will find an Aventador yet and if you do it is highly unlikely to have been moulded off a real car, but you never know, however given Audi's approach to such things I would steer clear.

I believe that Extreme offer their Murci Kit for sale in the US and that was moulded off a real car (search YouTube for the videos), the finished kits I have seen in the UK look great, there is a white one for sale on ebay at the moment, might be worth searching for that to see.

adrianglockOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: AVENTADOR ????BEST MURCIELAGO BODY AND INTERIOR?????  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2012 - 05:13 PM

The best thing about bulding your own car is there is no limitations in terms of parts! You can just bolt in anything you want as long that it resembles the car.

tallonOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: AVENTADOR ????BEST MURCIELAGO BODY AND INTERIOR?????  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Carkitinc is good for the money I have one. Carkitinc isn't the same company as what you mentioned. there is no aventador kit available.

Accuracy is up to weather you want to fix all the changes back to oem specs, how much work you want to do. but if you're not on a low budget the most accurate and perfect body is john watson's in the US. You won't have much help building one most people have cki/g28 body, way different. Extreme is in UK but it's not the lp640 anyway. John's is moulded off the real car, not a damaged one like extreme's.

No you can't be 100% especially inside, the panels aren't even available as replicas unless you want to spend thousands on oem parts that still won't fit most kits unless you get john's. and if you are not building on a custom chassis you can't expect accurate, the rear firewall isn't even close to oem position on the donors.
Actually Beyond customs are the only ones I've seen make a pretty accurate murcie inside but it doesn't show behind the seats just dash area so not sure.

Jump to: