Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 62 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TexaslamboOffline
Post subject: 3800 series ll engine install!  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2007 - 12:50 AM

Im needing help installing a 3800 series ll engine! What is it that I need electronically wise to make the engine run. Basically what I have is a 3.8L supercharged V6 series ll engine, wiring harness, fuel pump, and computer. Anything else that I need? I am needing wiring diagrams know where each wire goes! Please help! thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
FAmonmouthOffline
Post subject: RE: 3800 series ll engine install!  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2007 - 01:31 PM
KitCentral Fellow

your best place to ask would be fieroforum.com. thoise guys have done almost any engine swap you can think of. they would be able to give you a quick answer or just do a search and find the answer yourself. that has been asked a few times over there

RUNDLCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2007 - 03:59 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Texas it sounds to me that you need a harness made up? I thought Loyde from fast fieros did one for you. If he didn't go to fiero.nl and do a search on harness' there is a guy in canada that will build you one for about 300.00 (cheap) campared to 1000. by fast fieros

RUNDLC

mootOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2007 - 02:46 PM

It's not all that hard to get the engine running as there are very few components that need voltage.
If you don't have a wiring harness, NAERC or Loyde can make you one. But I started with the wiring harness from a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix. This wiring harness has less VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System) and is easier to convert for our needs, and was less than $150. Once you have the harness, you will need a PCM...if you are going to use a manual transmission, this needs to be reprogramed to remove the shift information from the original transmission (all series II engines came with automatics). Loyde has them available and pre-programed for $200. shipped. The last thing is to hook up the minimum wiring to run the engine, these include fuel injectors, fuel pump, and the coil and ground wires....then of course, one for the starter.

Getting the engine running was one of the first things I did. It was really easy. If you need more help, email me direct and I will help...I'll even give you my phone number.

Moot

vanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2007 - 05:50 PM

I'm in houston.. I got my PCM programmed by Loyde for $100 and used the original harness.. engine started right up. Let me know if you need help.

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:33 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I just bought a GM service manual on ebay. Its a 3 volume set. You want the second volume. It's crazy detailed. Like this set. Luckily someone was selling just volume 2.

Later

greg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-PONTIAC-GRAND-PRIX-CENTURY-REGAL-GM-SERVICE-MANUAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6761QQihZ006QQitemZ160189022984QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Custom NAERC 6.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28631797@N03/

ferry5Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 - 05:01 AM

It is better to take some help when you need to install 3800 engine.
3800 series engines

Jump to: