Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 41 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EdwardsOffline
Post subject: Looking for high quality LP640/LP670  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2013 - 12:23 AM

I'm looking for a fabricator to build a high fidelity LP640. If anyone knows of a serious builder with a good trackrecord, please pass along the contact info or reply.
Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
vkm083185Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2013 - 02:08 AM

You might try kitcarinc.com. I have no stake in their company, but I bought the Mercy 4 kit and I really like it.

Kevin[/img]

bartmanOffline
Post subject: Re: Looking for high quality LP640/LP670  PostPosted: Aug 14, 2013 - 04:22 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Edwards wrote:
I'm looking for a fabricator to build a high fidelity LP640. If anyone knows of a serious builder with a good trackrecord, please pass along the contact info or reply.
Thanks.

Does not exist. I have been a builder of muscle cars and street rods (both steel and fiberglass) for years, pushing 30 years now. I have built kit cars. Everyone of them at a loss. Everyone of them behind schedule. At one point my custom shop was delivering a car a week (muscle and street rod) no not a week long build, just staged so one a week would go out. Hundreds of happy customers and a handful not, but if you deal with the public you know you can't satisfy everyone. I got into kit cars out of passion to build something different than "old" stuff. I did not necessarily do it to make money. Good thing. The whole business model of trying to replicate a $200k to Million$ car for pennies on the dollar is just flawed. Yeah you can mount a one piece CARKIT INC cheesy body on a stretched Fiero with stock engine and suspension and be happy then great for you. But I can't. Then you couple the business model of trying to replicate for pennies on the dollar with a supply chain for parts that is 40-80% scammers or peddling junk. There are NO LONG TERM SUCCESSFUL KIT CAR BUILDERS, there is a reason, not a good business model. It is great hobby. If you can build a car yourself, it is a great experience. But as a builder, it does not work. Poor supply chain to get what you need, the hours (or thousands of hours) to build or replicate what you can't get. Just think about this. A very reasonable shop rate is $50/hr. You can't build a nice tube chassis replica in a 1000 hours ( more like 2500) but for arguments sake. $50x1000 is $50k in just labor (more like over $100k) plus body, drivetrain, PARTS....I will never build another kit unless it is for personal.

My point is take a long look and see if this is something you can do yourself or sublet and act as a project manager.

RUNDLCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2013 - 05:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Bart, you hit the nail on the head squarely!! I have been thinking about another build but after some consideration there is just no way! I will just buy some kind of sports car and be done with it.

RUNDLCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2013 - 05:41 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Sorry dbl post

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2013 - 10:35 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Couldn't agree more.
see http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1246

Jump to: