Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 39 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
corey_mclinkoOffline
5 Post subject: I THINK IM GONNA DO IT MYSELF (MURCI)  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:45 PM

SO I THINK IM GONNA GO AHEAD AND START BUILDING A MURCI, BUT BEFORE I DO I WANNA ASK A FEW QUESTIONS.

WHATS THE PROS AND CONS FOR

A TUBE BUILT CHASSIS OR A FERO DONOR CAR?

WHATS THE COST FOR A TYPICAL BUILT TUBE CHASSIS?

I WOULD ALSO LIKE SOME IDEAS ON GETTING THE BAT WINGS TO WORK, AND POWER WINDOWS.

WHATS THE CHEAPEST MOTOR TRANSMISSION?
WHATS THE MOST EXPENSIVE MOTOR TRANSMISSION?
WHATS THE MOST COMMON MOTOR TRANSMISSION COMBO?

WHAT OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION COULD YOU ALL GIVE ME FOR BUILDING A MY FIRST CAR,
NOW IN MIND IM NOT A MORON I HAVE REPLACED MOTORS IN CARS, DONE MINOR UPGRADES AND DONE SOME BODY WORK AND FIBERGLASS WORK, SOME...

SO ANY HELP! ANY PICTURES!
ANY SHOPS I CAN USE ON THE EAST COAST SOUTH AND NORTH EAST WOULD BE A GREAT HELP!!!
THANKS!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
lambobuilderOffline
Post subject: RE: I THINK IM GONNA DO IT MYSELF (MURCI)  PostPosted: Nov 06, 2010 - 02:17 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I would suggest you look at my three part " So you want to build a kit car" at http://lambobuilder.wordpress.com I also have an on line manual that you may find helpful. You can preview it on my website lambobuilder.com

Many of the questions you have asked have been answered in previous posts. The search feature will help a lot.

guywithlamboOffline
Post subject: RE: I THINK IM GONNA DO IT MYSELF (MURCI)  PostPosted: Nov 06, 2010 - 02:30 AM
KitCentral Fellow

do your self a favor, search ,search and search!!!
maybe you know,maybe not, only 3% cars are finnished. major fall is $$$$. and shaby builders.

corey_mclinkoOffline
Post subject: RE: I THINK IM GONNA DO IT MYSELF (MURCI)  PostPosted: Nov 06, 2010 - 04:41 AM

@Lambobuilder, i was looking at that website earlier, i was thinking about looking for a builder in the south only because i work oveseas alot, sadly like "guywithlambo" said my budget is between $30 and $50k MAX... and trying to find someone that can build a nice kit for that is pretty hard, now im a simple guy... so im not looking for a showcar or something i can park next to the real thing and have everyone guessing witch is the real one. ill be driving the car everyday like any other normal car.

to sum it up, this is all i wanted really

Lambo Murci Coupe - hard top
working power windows,
working power locks
working bat wings
a small storage area - either glove box or center console - for insurance papers and what not.
a working front trunk area, basicly the front trunk finished so i could put small things up there to keep them outta the weather.
and thats about it...
i want the car to be Lambo Black,
and i want the donor car to be undercoated, and engine bay areas and what not sprayed black

as for motor, something simple that doesn't sound like a muscle car, but runs good.
i dont need all the little bells and whistles i guess is what im saying, i wouldnt mind air bags so i can get over speed bumps tho.

i hope all this isnt asking too much... but if it is let me know, and like i said i have the friends i think i would be able to do alot of this, but id rather intrust my work to someone who has done it before, and who is willing to update me via the web, only because like i said before... ill be overseas the whole time the build is going on
anyways thanks for yalls help. and any kind of insite you might have on the whole thing would be a great great help. thanks again.

corey mclinko
baton rouge la.

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2010 - 01:47 AM
KitCentral Fellow

You're going to have a hard time finding someone to build you a complete car for under $100,000. Just the time alone is very expensive and when you add the parts it all adds up.

greenmeansgo
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2010 - 01:54 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Ive been building these for a while, and took a break to build my company www.precision-plumbing.com it is hard work and $50k min.

AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2010 - 03:05 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Corey,

You really dont want to go the cheapest way out, you will be very dissappointed. My suggestion is still to find a build that was started or better yet finished (almost). You will find it very difficult to build one for less than 50k, especially with the things that you are wanting in your car.

Things like functioning wings take time, and time costs money.

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

corey_mclinkoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2010 - 02:33 AM

yea thats what im gonna do, is look for something thats already started and just finish it to my liking.

customshop1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2010 - 05:09 AM

Go for it. I built mine. I build cars for a living but. I love mine. I named it Superleggera got a lot slack for that. but it is a LS4 transverse mount GM motor.
used a paddle shift, heads up display, QA1 coil overs, torsion sway bars, tubed chassis, a/c p/w p/l air adjust front susp. 14" brakes 20" and 22" wheels, stainless exhaust, Leather int. Killer stereo.
I have put about 7500 miles on it in the last couple years. what a blast. you can see my build up at my website. www.customshop.org
I built a Contach years ago on a Feiro chassis. it is ok. But the tubed chassis is the way to o. it drives like the real deal. Good Luck
Oh yea I built mine at my shop in IL. maybee some of my pics will help you see all of the work needed to build one. ANY hrs. but well worth it.

FameOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2010 - 04:52 AM

Anyone herd of kit car maker they start lambo kits off like 26,000 finished. I was thinking of doing it myself to till I found these guys now im second guessing if I should just do most of the basic stuff I can figure out and let them do the rest.im no mechanic or car builder just always like the lambo since I first saw it as a kid. And im no speed junky if I want to go fast I get on my motorcycle. if I was going to spend a 100 grand or even 60 for that matter I would just get a real one and never drive it .....

AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2010 - 04:25 PM
KitCentral Fellow

26k is going to be hard to beat, especially if done right. Heck depending on how acurate you are trying to get you caould have more than that in parts

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

autonutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2010 - 06:34 PM

Awesome builds Customshop1! Are you doing replica turnkeys for customers? or just show builds?

BrianJonesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2010 - 02:39 AM
KitCentral Fellow

What about using a FFR (Factory Five Racing) GTM Chassis for a Murci build ?????