Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 52 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pookgaiOffline
Post subject: riceburners climate control question need help  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hi I have riceburners climate control that I bought many years ago. I have a new builder putting it in now. I know that the climate control buttons don't actually work because its for show. the light as I remember does come on the screen. so my question I need help with is, how would I get my AC/ heating tome on inside my car? if this set is suppose to be just for looks then there's no buttons for any ac/ heat in the car correct? how would I be able to get the ac/ heat in the car? thanks for any help.

Reply with quote Back to top
daywilmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2014 - 06:14 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Pook - I'm not sure what you bought from Riceburner, but the climate control I purchased from him is fully functional for a Vintage Air unit. I think he also made some compatible with a stock Fiero unit. Maybe others as well.

pookgaiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2014 - 05:35 PM

daywilm wrote:
Pook - I'm not sure what you bought from Riceburner, but the climate control I purchased from him is fully functional for a Vintage Air unit. I think he also made some compatible with a stock Fiero unit. Maybe others as well.

Great! so the actual AC/ heat actually work. I will let my builder know. Thanks

jdinnerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 27, 2014 - 01:01 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Push and HOLD the 'defrost' button for 5 seconds. This will turn on the AC compressor. Same thing to turn it off.
From the manual:
Pushing the red arrow button will raise the output temperature display by 1*C, or 2*F. Holding it will step up through the temperatures, until “HI” is reached.

Pushing the blue arrow button will lower the output temperature display by 1*C, or 2*F. Holding it will step down through the temperatures, until “LO” is reached.

The temperature display isn’t technically the exact degree the temperature output will be → Basically at “LO” the heater servo has the heater valve closed all the way, and at “HI” it’s open all the way. The “degrees” in between open / close the valve in equal steps.

Pushing the solid fan button will raise the fan speed by one. Holding it will step up through the 3 fan speeds.

Pushing the hollow fan button will lower the fan speed by one. Holding it will step down through the 3 fan speeds.

Pushing the “Face” button will direct air through only the “Vent” outlets of the Vintage Air evaporator box. Holding it will do nothing...

Pushing the “Foot / Face” button will direct air through the “Vent” and the “Foot” openings of the evaporator box. Holding it will do nothing...

Pushing the “Foot / Defrost” button will direct air through the “Foot” and “Defrost” openings of the evaporator box. Holding it will do nothing...

** Pushing the “Foot / Face” and “Foot / Defrost” buttons at the same time will turn on only the “Foot” openings of the evaporator box if you want that. Something extra that the Vintage Air controller didn’t do... **

Pushing the “Defrost” button will direct air through only the “Defrost” openings of the evaporator box. Holding the button for a few seconds will turn the AC compressor on or off, and show / hide the “Snowflake” icon on the screen.

Pushing the “Thermometer” button will display the current outside temperature for about 10 seconds. Pushing it again will go back to “set” temperature before 10 seconds. Holding the button for about 8 seconds will switch between degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Celsius.

Pushing the “Auto” button will turn the “Auto” output wire on and off. When “MANUAL / MANUAL” is displayed on the screen, the output is “ON”. (which means it’s connected to Ground, to drive a relay.) “AUTO / AUTO” turns the output “OFF”, which means it’s open. These outputs will drive up to about 1A, which would be enough for a small light bulb or a few relays, but anything higher current will need to be switched by a relay.

Pushing the “CIRCULATE” button is similar to “Auto”; when the circulate arrows appear on the screen, the output on the “circ” wire is “ON”, or Ground. No arrows = off / open.

The system will remember the settings when the car is turned off, and will turn on in whatever mode / temperature setting you had it on last. If for some reason the screen does something “funny”, like the “EXT” indicator comes on and won’t go away but you aren’t in outside temperature mode, or if “SERVICE” comes on, or some other strange thing, holding the “CIRCULATE” button for about 20 seconds resets the memory and sets it to a default status. You shouldn’t have to ever do that, but it’s there “just-in-case”...

Jump to: