Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 45 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kjschroedOffline
Post subject: Mounting & Painting Fins on Rocker Panels  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2015 - 02:03 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi everyone,

Are there any lessons learned when mounting the fins in the rocker panels? I've have concern that it will be too hard to paint and wet sand behind them after they are mounted and I should paint the rocker first and then mount the fins second. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. -Ken

http://www.mytajgarage.com/NAERC9.html

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: Mounting & Painting Fins on Rocker Panels  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2015 - 10:51 AM
KitCentral Fellow

When I did the red roadster I had them removable. The fins had pins bonded into the top of them and they were screwed in from the bottom. I drilled a larger access holes in the bottom edge of the rocker in order to feed the screw and screwdriver up to the fin.
Once I had the fin with the correct mounting I clear packaging taped them up, positioned them and then made the rocker match my mounting with short strand fiberglass.
Now that they are easy to put in I taped up the rocker and made the fin the correct shape. It was a long day trying to get everything perfect.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: