Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 56 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rotarycraigOffline
Post subject: NAERC or Chassisworks for Mercy/Reventon build  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 02:28 PM

I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and others and still have not read anything from anyone who is DRIVING NAERC or Chassisworks chassis based Mercy or Reventon builds. Can anyone tell me what the driving characteristics are of these chassis and which one is bvetter suited for one of these two builds?

I believe it would cost me more to stretch a Fiero and put a drive train and susensnoin on it that I would be happy with then building the custom chassis. Im more go then show so Im not too worried about exact replica look.

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: NAERC or Chassisworks for Mercy/Reventon build  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2013 - 10:58 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I have built and driven two naerc chassis'. I can say for a fact that they handle, corner and brake awesome.
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/jdinner399
I have some driving videos there.

bartmanOffline
Post subject: RE: NAERC or Chassisworks for Mercy/Reventon build  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2013 - 10:33 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have built both and copied a OE murcie chassis. Everyone has opinions but here is mine. I think they both drive, stop, feel about the same. I don't think you will see any major difference there. I did modify the Chassisworks build to use a 93 Mustang (the one with the least turns lock to lock) front rack though. Here are the differences I saw: the chassis works is easier to build with less cutting, the downside is it does not have the foot room that the replica chassis. Upside the chassisworks uses Corvette C4 suspension arms and spindles so no front suspension fabricatrion but that is part of the reason it has less foot room, the lower arms are symmetrical so the rear mount is further into the footwell, the replica (and OE) uses an asymmetrical lower arm that allows the footwell to be a little deeper.

kingkong426Offline
Post subject: RE: NAERC or Chassisworks for Mercy/Reventon build  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 - 06:41 PM

what spindles does the NAERC front control arms eccept? and is the frount tracking width differtent than the chassisworks set up?

AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject: RE: NAERC or Chassisworks for Mercy/Reventon build  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 - 07:13 PM
KitCentral Fellow

NAERC used a fabbed control arm

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

jaredclawsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 - 06:36 AM

NAERC uses a Corvette C5 spindle up front, and a custom built hub carrier in the back.

eshallOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2015 - 07:05 AM

Looks great! I just talked to a friend that has been a front end mechanic at Ford for over 20 years. He strongly recomends rubber bushings. What bushing is that? Did you use a differnet size tube for the bushing? Thanks for the help.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2015 - 03:11 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I strongly recommend use of urethame bushings instead rubber ones.

livnavinsaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2017 - 05:47 PM

We all were expecting a lot from England in this world cup but it was very disappointing for England. Though England side was phenomenal and had penalty of great players but results were devastating. There are some of the best assignment helper on our website that can help you to make your assignments on fixed prices.

Jump to: