Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 56 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarknessEternalOffline
Post subject: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hey, does anyone know if there is a difference in the authentic Lamborghini windshields for a coupe and a roadster?

If so, what is the difference?

Really need to know before I drop a lot of money in some glass I can't use. Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
bartmanOffline
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2011 - 07:53 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have both in my shop and the only difference is the shape at the roof line but they are different.

DarknessEternalOffline
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2011 - 08:14 PM

So I guess there is no reason not to go with roadster windshield glass for a roadster... even if I have to redo the fiberglas at the top of the windshield?

John is doing my body from his moulds and it will be made for a coupe windshield, so I was considering just dropping a coupe windshield in but I was concerned about the bottom of the windshield being different and it affecting the shape or curve of the door glass

As many times before, you have briskly put to rest my questions and worries Bartman. And as always, it is greatly appreciated!

I have heard that you do have a good supplier for glass... is that true?

greenmeansgo
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2011 - 10:16 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Bartman is the go to guy for OEM LP640

bartmanOffline
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2011 - 12:19 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Well, good supplier for windshields is relative. Lambo wants between 5k and 6k and I know a guy that sells them for 1800. I have a quote to get them made for under a grand but I need to buy 30. I have not gotten around to it. I have OE copy "A" pilars if you need them. They are different coupe to roadster above the door mirror. You can cut the coupe door to roadster, that is not an issue.

DarknessEternalOffline
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2011 - 03:07 PM

Sure, let me know what I need to do to get some A-pillars from you. Price, lead time, etc. I have time though. Body and frame are not ready for pick-up yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

It's probibly not much help, but I'd sign on for a windshield toward your 30. Maybe even 2 to have a ready spare.

arhamOffline
Post subject: RE: Windshields - Coupe vs. Roadster  PostPosted: Feb 03, 2015 - 04:49 AM

I can sell a complete Diablo Body kit. I had anothr fellow interested if we join two body kits I can make $7.500 shipped to any US port. For one kit its $10.500
You can check MMBRAZIL or MM in exceptional services, here in kitcentral

Jump to: