Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 61 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BOBIDESIGNOffline
3 Post subject: Aventador custom chassis drawings for 500 USD / 440 EUR  PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 - 06:52 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi guys,

The followin topic is dedicated to selling a custom designed 3d tubular chassis plans set and single license to suit Lamborghini Aventador's body, but it could be used for other projects as well (wheelbase is variable). Once fully completed, the drawings set will sell for 500 USD or 440 EUR with shipping included. However, for those who are interested in acquiring the chassis drawings at discount (450 USD or 340 EUR respectively), I'm taking pre-orders now until Monday, 15 December 2014, then the plans will sell for their full price.

For the moment I design the chassis with the Metric (EU) and Imperial (US) tube sizes seen in the list at the bottom. However, if there are different tube sizes or sheet metal thicknesses in your area, I could apply custom modifications to the drawings according to your requirements for 300 USD or 250 EUR added to the cost, thought it will take about one extra week to do that. There are two main sections of the chassis (cockpit and engine cradle), so they could be un-bolted for easier servicing of the engine or cheap and safe replacement in case of crash.

The chassis is designed to fit any nearly accurate replica body kit of Lamborghini Aventator, if it has correct dimensions like the genuine car (wheelbase, width, wheel track, length, height, overall scale).

The chassis and suspension package I sell will be shipped in an envelope with paper plans and a DVD, which consist the following:

1. AutoCAD files with 2d drawing of each individual sheet metal piece saved separately and ready for laser cutting.

2. Paper plans for each individual tube and sheet metal piece, complete with dimensions and part number for easier locating in the chassis. Along with the full measurements, unrolled tube end templates will be available for the few tubes that require complex end notching. This way, you could use these templates and hand plasma cutter or even angle grinder, just in case you don't have a tube notcher.

2. Lots of PNG picture drawings of all tubes assembled together, complete with measurements. Basically, these are full views and close-up views of the chassis or portion of the chassis from various angles where the individual numbers of each tube is placed to allow proper understanding of the whole assembly.

3. 10 views of the chassis placed in a semi-transparent body of the Aventador.

4. Drawings of bent round (or square) tubes for the roof. Keep in mind that these will be optimized for the 3d model of Aventator which I use for the chassis design. If you have a kit with too inaccurate proportions/size then it's possible to require slightly different tubes on the roof.

5. Suspension drawings with custom designed A-arms and front/rear wheel hubs. The suspension is designed to utilize Corvette C5 hub-bearings (pictured below) and QA1 coil-overs. Please, let me know in advance what is the wheel offset of your rims, so I can apply changes to the A-arms and chassis according your measurements.

* Optionally, if you want to use OEM hubs/spindles or other cpecific suspension parts available in your area, a custom suspension could be designed for additional 100 USD / 80 EUR. I will need complete measurements and 3d scanned models of the necessary suspension parts and wheels that you intend to use.

Obsolete pre-order price (until Monday, 24 September 2012) - 80 USD / 60 EUR
Obsolete pre-order price (after Tuesday, 25 September 2012) - 250 USD / 190 EUR
Obsolete pre-order price (after Sunday, 1 June 2014) - 450 USD / 340 EUR
Final price (after Tuesday, 1 September 2015) - 500 USD / 440 EUR

For any questions or my contact details for orders, please, contact me at my e-mail (my forum PM box is full)

The tube sizes I currently use are listed in inches nad millimetres (could be different by request, and wall thickness is usually 0.1 inch unless specified otherwise):

US chassis plans:
(rectangular, side x side) 1.5x3 , 0.75x1.5
(square, side x side) 1.5x1.5 , 0.75x0.75
(round, diameter x wall thickness) 1.5x0.2 (for the roof roll cage only), 1.25x0.1 (for the suspension arms only) , 1x0.1 , 0.75x0.1
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/710/tubesizes.png

EU chassis plans:
(rectangular, side x side) 80x40 mm, 40x20 mm
(square, side x side) 40x40 mm, 20x20 mm
(round, diameter x wall thickness) 41.28x6.35 mm (for the roof roll cage only), 31.75x3 (for the suspension arms only) , 26.9x2.65 mm, 19.05x2.65 mm

Sheet metail thickness in inches: 0.5 and 0.2 (for the custom wheel hubs only), 0.1 on the floor, firewall, crash absorption areas; 0.75 on the other places. You could use ANY alternative thicknesses in millimetres unless you keep the same sheet metal border.

Rod ends for the suspension: Male QA1 XMR 10-12 (any similar could be used, too).
*Send me exact measurements if you prefer to use some urethane bushings to attach the A-arms to the chassis for softer ride.

The Corvette C5 hub/bearings that are used for the suspension design:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1064/corvettec52.png
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5951/corvettec5.png

The coil-overs are: QA1 Proma star Coil-over shock, DS301 front (11") and DS401 rear (14"). Each costs about $159.95 in most places. Note that spring rates depend on the weight of your car, so these should be calculated individually. I recommend to use sprigs above 450 lbs.
http://www.qa1.net/suspension/street-performance-racing-shocks-struts-and-pro-coil-systems/custom-mount-shocks/proma-star/proma-star-single-adjustable

Already started builds of this chassis using my plans:
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/17361-aventador-chassis.html
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/18902-venta-r-build.html

Some examples of other built custom chassis designed by me:
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/9088/bentleyexp8.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4665/bentley1.png
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6056/95314495.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/214/suspension1.png

More examples at my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/AutomotiveCNC and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3

Last edited by BOBIDESIGN on Sep 05, 2015 - 08:09 AM; edited 10 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
rodrieguzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 - 06:30 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Sounds like a deal for the chassis plans, what about the body plans? Chassis no good without the body.

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=Rod-s-roadster-build&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
autoproOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 - 10:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Do you have any for the Murcielago?

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 - 06:49 PM
KitCentral Fellow

To the Admin - please, delete this double post. Thanks!

Last edited by BOBIDESIGN on Sep 19, 2012 - 04:44 AM; edited 1 time in total

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 - 06:55 PM
KitCentral Fellow

BOBIDESIGN wrote:
Thank you for your questions! And sorry for the late reply, for some reason I no longer receive forum notifications at my e-mail.

@rodriequz
Along with the chassis, I also create AutoCAD drawing templates for the Aventador body for a private customer. I'm not sure for now, but IF he agree, I could offer these body plans for a reasonable price. But for the moment I don't want to make preliminary statements which I'm not sure I can realise unless I have an approval from my customer.

@autopro
The chassis is designed to allow variable wheelbase as the brackets for the rear suspension could be simply welded in the desired location. The wheelbase could vary up to 10-12 inches forward or backwards, for a total of up to 25 inches. Right now I'm working on the rear section and trying to improve the overall structure for best possible mass-to-strength ratio. My chassis is not the usual set of parralel tubes where the suspension brackets' possible travel could be even over 50 inches. Instead, I'm using lots of diagonally arranged tubes as the safety and torsional rigidity is the main priority in my chassis design.
When I'm ready, I will find some more accurate 3d model of Diablo and will check if my Aventador chassis fits inside with no collisions with the body panels. Keep in mind the the Aventador's chassis has an additional support tube from the door hinge up to the middle of the A-pillar (where the small triangle side window is located), so these tubes will be visible from outside and of course from inside a Diablo body. Probably the best thing I can do is creating slightly modifiad version of the Aventador specifically for Diablo builders.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Bobi

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2012 - 05:11 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I just added a picture with all the tube sizes together for better understanding.

Please, note that the chassis is designed in millimeters for better accuracy of the plans, so the main tubes are set in distances like 700 mm, 245 mm and similar. The tube sizes, however, are listed in inches.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2012 - 10:35 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Important updates:

1. After lots of request by potential buyers, I decided to design the chassis as two separate sections (main chassis + removable engine cradle) unlike the previously announced three sections (main chassis + removable engine cradle + removable front bumper). Most people told me they intend to build their Aventador replicas with one-piece body kit, so asking to simplify the chassis by making the front bumper part of the chassis make sense.
However, the engine cradle will still be bolt-on removable as the access to the engine compartment of all modern Lambo's is quite difficult. There is no problem to weld the engine cradle to the chassis, although it's not recommended to do so as this will limit the access.

2. There is also change in the regular price of my Aventador chassis plans - 250 USD or 190 EUR. Pre-orders for 80 USD or 60 EUR are still acceptable until tomorrow, September 24th, when the discount period expires.

Bobi

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2012 - 10:13 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all the people who pre-ordered my Aventador chassis plans until today. They will receive a free set of, either, "Aventador cross sections plans" (for building plug) or "Countach chassis plans" after I complete them in the next month. Several people asked me for payment details yesterday and still no sign from them, so today is last chance to obtain the plans for their pre-order discount price.
From this evening the Aventador chassis plans will sell to their regular price of 250 USD / 190 EUR, so I will update the topic's name later.

Thanks,

Bobi

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2012 - 11:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

The price for my Aventador chassis plans is 250 USD / 190 EUR
Added shipping cost depends on your location and taxes, but it's usually 14 USD / 10.5 EUR , except a few countries like Australia and South Africa for which the shipping is slightly higher at 17 USD / 13 EUR.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2012 - 02:19 PM
KitCentral Fellow

For those who asked for sample view of my Aventador chassis, here is the 90% completed chassis design. It took me an extra week as I redesigned it several times for best possible strength-to-weight ratio. It's also easier to build than the initial design, even though the entire structure is fully triangulated and optimized for maximum safety. Everything is made with square and rectangular tubes except the roll-cage and suspension arms. Things to be added are: roll-cage, front&rear soft crumple zones, suspension with custom hubs, door frames and sheet metal. I expect to complete the chassis in 3-4 days and then start with creating the AutoCAD drawings for printing on A4 paper.

Since the Aventador chassis plans are still in development, they could be pre-ordered for 125 USD / 95 EUR + shipping until Friday, October 5th. Free 3D CAD model of the door hinges assembly (*.IGS NURBS and *.STL Mesh suitable for CNC-milling) will be available for the existing customers and those who pre-order until that date. After Saturday, October 6th the chassis plans will sell for their regular price of 250 USD / 190 EUR + shipping, and the 3D hinges will sell separately for 80 USD / 60 EUR.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 - 01:49 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I'm ready with my chassis design and only sheet metal should be added around the tubing which will take about couple of days. Tomorrow is last chance to pre-order the package for 125 USD / 95 EUR + shipping, then the price will be set to the regular 250 USD / 190 EUR + shipping.

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 - 01:24 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi BOBIDESIGN

I know over the years you have popped up here from time to time with various offerings, but what is your background/training in this field?

Is this something you do as a hobby? Is CAD your thing? Are you a Mechanical Engineer? I would like to understand how you get to the point of designing a chassis in your career, my son is very good at engineering and is looking at what choices he needs to make for Univeristy.

Do you have modelling software that measures stresses at certain points or can model what the consequences will be of an impact?

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 - 10:39 PM
KitCentral Fellow

chrisbarbers wrote:
Hi BOBIDESIGN

I know over the years you have popped up here from time to time with various offerings, but what is your background/training in this field?

Is this something you do as a hobby? Is CAD your thing? Are you a Mechanical Engineer? I would like to understand how you get to the point of designing a chassis in your career, my son is very good at engineering and is looking at what choices he needs to make for Univeristy.

Do you have modelling software that measures stresses at certain points or can model what the consequences will be of an impact?

Hi Chris,

I do CAD modeling and design chassis, exterior and interior for living since 2002. It all started after I visited the company where my father worked (and still works) and the CAD guy there showed me a number of CAD programs. The moment I tried Rhinoceros (version 1) I found it really user-friendly for starters like me. I was so excited that I asked to try the program for longer period and the CAD guy was kind enough to leave me on the PC for the entire day. At the end of the day I was ready with my first 3d house model, with no tutorials and no word known in English (my native language is Bulgarian which is totally different)!

I drew sketches of cars since I was kid and I also built various scale models of RC cars, boats and planes at home and school. I had a dream to design and build sports cars since that period and I'm happy to say I nearly accomplished that as I already worked on several custom car projects including one replica kit car project. This include CAD design, g-code programing and CNC-milling (for which I built my own CNC-milling machine 4 years ago), welding, building of plugs, body work etc. My next goal is to start up a sports car company in my city, this is why I now look for angel investment on several websites. I think it's the right moment to put my knowledge, understanding and creative capabilities into designing first-class sports cars.

I do not have any degree in an university nor I was in a training class. Experience, personal skills and passion to cars is what is more important for those who want to design and build cars for hobby or business. I'm also glad that I learned everything so far the hard way from my own experience, not in the university or using tutorials. It's more rewarding when you have lots of obstacles before you reach the projected goal. Hopefully these days it's much easier since you can find any information on the net, especially with useful places like Kitcentral, Madmechanics, Lambolounge, gt40s, Pennoc's Fiero, YouTube etc.

For the chassis engineering I use Rhinoceros 4 and calculate everything into my head. I do not use software for stress analysis. I simply predict the potential collision forces and use that as base to design the chassis reinforcements. The same refers to the suspension geometry for which I try various layouts with the car body tilted to one side and the front wheels turned a bit as if the car is in the middle of a high-speed cornering. From here, I additionally adjust the suspension geometry in way that the tyres will be in a position to create maximum contact with the road surfaces after their bottom side is deformed by the lateral forces. The latter is very important, because it's a common mistake for many people to design a suspension with perfectly cylindrical tyres.

Although I don't use SolidWorks, I would recommend that program to your son as it has very helpful FEA capabilities which help to avoid design mistakes and optimize the strength and weight of a part while keeping lower mass. With regards to exterior body modeling, the best program is Alias Automotive. However, I use only Rhino 4 as I really love the tools, user interface and simplicity it has. Hopefully this helps.

Bobi

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 10:00 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Here is a quick preview of the updated chassis design. I accidentally forgot to include in the 3d render the two small vertical tubes that form the B-pillar in front of the door windows. I re-did the entire front end and portion of the rear end, in order to improve the safety and minimize the weight. No more revisions will be made and this is considered as the Final version. Currently in development is the new suspension layout that will be ready tomorrow, then the chassis plans will be set for printing.

Along with the chassis I also decided to design welding fixtures that will help the builder to keep the bent roll-cage tubes in their correct position and orientation. AutoCAD drawings of the fixtures will be included in the chassis plans set. The steel plates that connect the roll-cage to the chassis now have dedicated channels to easily find the correct position of all round tubes prior the welding process.

The plans now sell for 250 USD / 190 EUR + shipping (usually 10.5 EUR / 14 USD). All existing customers and new ones who order the plans until this Friday, 19th October, will receive two extras for free (1) Aventador body plug cross section plans (extracted from the most accurate non-OEM 3d model of Aventador) + (2) 3d CAD model of the Aventador hinges (these files could be used for CNC-milling the 3 main hinge parts).

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7301/rollcageweldingfixture1.png
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4046/rollcageweldingfixture2.png
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9127/rollcageweldingfixture3.png
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8140/rollcageweldingfixture4.png
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1689/rollcageweldingfixture5.png
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7933/rollcageweldingfixture6.png

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2012 - 05:31 PM
KitCentral Fellow

There are some news about the Aventador chassis plans since my last post here. Since then I made new upgrades to it, improved the safety, and the custom suspension has completely new layout as well. I will post new renderings and sample drawings in about one day.

Due to the higher amount of tubes I implemented in my chassis design (nearly twice as much than I originally planned), the process of figuring out the best possible ratio of strength-to-weight and creating the plans is very time consuming and I would like to apologize for the month and half delay in delivery to the existing customers who already pre-ordered the plans. I'm nearly at the end of the work and delivery will start soon.
As I mentioned before, everyone with pre-ordered plans will receive free 3D Solid NURBS model of the door hinges (good for CNC-milling or crafting from metal plates), as well as Aventador cross-section plans for building accurate body plug of the car.
In addition to that, I will also add a free set of Ford GT40 chassis plans to compensate the people for their waiting.
*** I already have the GT40 chassis designed and plans from previous years, but I will create new, higher resolution and easier readable plans in the following weeks after I'm done with the Aventador plans.

The Lamborghini Aventador plans are still in pre-order now at 250 USD or 190 EUR until Christmas (25 December 2012). Pre-order after 26th December is 370 USD or 280 EUR. Once I'm ready to deliver, the plans will sell for 500 USD or 380 EUR. Shipping is included in the price for all packages.

Payment method is either via PayPal, bank transfer (must have IBAN account), or direct money transfer via "Moneygram" or "Western Union".

If you have any questions or need support, you can contact me at chassis_plans_4_sale at yahoo.com

PS: I have been asked multiple times if the 3D CAD model of my Aventador chassis is available for purchasing. It could be ordered for 4000 USD or 3000 EUR.

Attached below is a sample 3D Solid NURBS model of the new updated front bumper section. It can be opened with Rhino 4 or Rhino 5 (free demo at http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/evaluationtimed ) , or any other software supporting the 3dm file format. For customers I can deliver the 3D model in almost any popular 3D CAD file format.

(Download link - requires free registration)
http://www.4shared.com/get/Vi_fX3Gm/Sample_model.html

Most of the sheet metal pieces are cut up to 4-5 mm around the weld spots, in order to allow preliminary solid welds to be created around the most critical structural tubes prior adding the sheets at lower welding settings.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3575/sample1m.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2439/sample2d.png
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4159/sample3h.png
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8164/sample4f.png
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5638/sample5c.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3238/sample6.png
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5586/sample7.png
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7052/sample8e.png
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2351/sample9.png

*** The GT40 plans will sell separately for 250 USD or 190 EUR for non-existing customers.
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9923/chassisgt402.png
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1368/update22.png
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1706/update23.png

Jump to: