Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 57 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject: Distance from firewall to the rear axle, and to pedals area?  PostPosted: Sep 21, 2012 - 05:07 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hello everyone,

Currently I'm designing an Aventador chassis (not replica but original design) and I would like to ask experienced builders whether 40" distance between the firewall and rear axle is enough to put the engine inside? As far as I know, that distance is usually 37" in the Diablo chassis, but I want to make sure the engine bay of my chassis will be more roomy.

Thanks,

Bobi

Last edited by BOBIDESIGN on Sep 29, 2012 - 08:05 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: Distance from firewall to the rear axle?  PostPosted: Sep 21, 2012 - 10:59 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I used the BMW V12 and Audi transaxle. I measured 38.25" from the distributor cap to the center of the axle output.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject: RE: Distance from firewall to the rear axle?  PostPosted: Sep 21, 2012 - 11:19 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Thank you for the info, Jim! I think it will be better to increase that distance to 41-42" just in case.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject: RE: Distance from firewall to the rear axle?  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2012 - 02:04 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I also would like to hear some feedback from existing owners of Diablo/Murcielago replicas about the distance from the firewall to the wall in front of the pedals. It's basically the total length of the cockpit. In my nearly finished chassis design I achieved 1362 mm / 53.6 in, but I still can increase it a bit if you think its not enough from your own experience. Keep in mind that my firewall is not entirely straight as I moved the lower portion by 3 inches to allow some extra space in the engine compartment while keeping the seats at the same position. This means that if my firewall was vertical like the Diablo/Murcielago chassis, the distance from the firewall to the pedal area is comparable to 1439 mm / 56.6 in.

Thanks!

Jump to: