Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 33 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
misho22Offline
Post subject: ferrari 360 with ls1  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2014 - 07:20 AM

HI

I have Ferrari 360 Modena but I'm having a lot of problem with the f1 system and the engine and its soooo expansive here in my country more over I cant use it for 6 month inn the year because of the weather and the heat

now i'm about to mount Ls1 engine to my Ferrari but I'm having problem with tall of the engine and the gear there is no space for the Ls1 engine and gear

does some body have any information can help me how to mount ls1 in my Ferrari or any other GM engine

ps i'm looking for automatic transmission and 400 HP or more even if I install turbo or supercharge

thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject: RE: ferrari 360 with ls1  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2014 - 06:08 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Where are you located?

That will help determine your available options

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

misho22Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2014 - 06:18 PM

the problem I'm not in us

I live in Kuwait and the weather here is soooo hot u can not use Ferrari with out problem more over the dealer in Kuwait is sooo expensive

u cant imagine how much we pay for fixing our car

so the best option is to turn it to one of GM engine but as I said I have issue to fix the engine with the transmission

any idea what is the best engine and automatic transmission for this project

so I can start order it from us for it

thanks

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2014 - 11:25 PM
KitCentral Fellow

How about just dump that car and get a Corvette z51!

The real problem is space. That car will be completely chopped up to get what you want. Also its worth nothing if you sell it.
You'll need a 951 Porsche trans-I think???, 1999ish LS1, ecu, new custom made drive axles, engine mount bushings, frame steel mods or aluminum, new fuel pump, wire into existing wiring warness, custom exhaust.

Maybe 12-18 thousand U.S.

Custom NAERC 6.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28631797@N03/

76mxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2014 - 11:36 PM

This reminds me of the one that wanted to put a diesel engine in their Maybach, and I have the same reply. So you have a quarter million dollar car that you want to spend 50 thousand dollars on in order to completely destroy the value of the car? Once more I AM IN! Once more I would be delighted to have a new customer with this obvious financial stature. I would come to Kuwait and take this job for $20,000 and expenses, parts billed separately.

misho22Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2014 - 04:17 PM

first thanks to all replay I really appreciated

the price of my Ferrari in Kuwait is nothing if I'm lucky i get 30.000$

its not the same price in us

what about 4t60E the one used in the impala ,i did a lot of research and found people in us talking about it and its good for mid-engine Ls1

do have any information for it ?

thanks

76mxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2014 - 03:56 AM

I would not use a LS of any kind. The electronics of the car would have to be modified as well as the electronics of the LS and then all of that would have to be modified to work with a transaxle that may or may not have yet a third computer. There is way too much room for error and when (not if) it is made, since all of this would be done at the same time, you could not know what system to isolate and troubleshoot. That type of expertise is beyond my ability and anyone offering it is probably well beyond my labor quote. For $5,000, well under the price of electronics alone with an LS, you can get a naturally aspirated aluminum small block that easily meets your 400HP requirement (and with a 300,000 thousand mile factory warranty). Now it is a much easier process to bypass and modify the car electronics and the wiring is done. From there the time and money and engineering can be concentrated on fabrication, where it belongs.

bartmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2014 - 01:20 PM
KitCentral Fellow

First. I don't support modifying the car....But the FWD Impala with the LS4 is probably your best route. It will not be 400 HP stock but you should be able to get close. I have not done one so I don't know what is involved. I'm not sure I still have contact info but I met a guy putting the set-up in a Corvair. I'll look and see.

Jump to: