Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 56 unlogged users and 1 registered user online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lambobuilderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2016 - 02:20 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Sounds really good. Good luck at your conference. I' know it will be a hit.

Reply with quote Back to top
sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2016 - 04:04 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Yep. Everyone loved it. They do this sort of thing themselves, but no one else is running a V8 on a single injector, so they're still kind of beside themselves once they see it in the flesh. Was very cool though. It needs a proper alignment too now. Because I'll start road testing it more and more from here.

That left rear brake that is dragging does get quiet after I've rolled down the road a bit, just noisy after releasing it.

https://youtu.be/36e_1Fiw-i0

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2016 - 03:53 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Here's a more thorough update of the last 10 days.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2016/10/oct-28-catch-up-entry.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2016 - 01:02 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Sorry it's been so long without an update. I'm getting a few little things done once in a while, just not posting about it. I'm about to start an adventure into Smokey Yunick's territory with his hot vapor engine idea. I'm deciding what turbo will go on my motor for this feat. Will post more updates once I've got that installed and the car starts. I may have an interim post where I change how I meter the fuel prior to the turbo being added. I don't want too many changes at once without test runs in between.
Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2016 - 01:16 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Everyone who follows my work on the Diablo and it running on fumes, please follow the link and show some love on my new drive tribe site! Site has been made by old Top Gear guys!

https://www.drivetribe.com/t/ZK__aUkxS6yjTPBLHqyVNg

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2017 - 03:42 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I've finally got another update! This one is about the fails that I've recently racked up in the heating dept. on fumes and what not to do. Smile Good to know, so I'm sharing it.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/01/jan-24-that-didnt-work.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2017 - 04:53 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Got to drive the car again today! That was fun! Very Happy Always gets my attention when there are small explosions. ha ha!

It's all good. I drove it right after I shot this video too. Just didn't make a video of that drive. Was too busy monitoring everything and just making sure the tires don't flat spot. Smile I'll drive it more now that I have electric heat in it for the fumes. I need to cycle the heater so it doesn't get too hot and it'll be good to go after that.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/02/feb-8-fails-are-learning-devices.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2017 - 02:08 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Got to drive the car 2 days in a row! Another first! And I also got to crank the car in colder weather than ambient temps would allow. It said 48 outside in the Sun, but the wind chill was much colder than that. Anyhow, still another first. I also got to run the fumes so rich that I killed the engine. So you know you can make all the power you can stand if you're capable of enriching the fuel to the point of flooding the motor. Very Happy

Sorry the video isn't so hot, most of the time the phone lived under my drivers seat, but you can still hear everything including the commentary at the end. Exciting times y'all. Making history...all over again! Wink

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/02/feb-9-coop-keeping-it-real.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2017 - 11:24 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Here's what has happened lately. Passenger seat shell has been installed. With rails to run it front to back. Has a video update with it. Maybe it'll help someone get this piece done pretty quick.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/02/feb-18-passenger-seat.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2017 - 02:18 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Getting my intake together. It is a little further along now.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/02/feb-24-proper-breathing.html

Thanks,
Coop

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2017 - 02:24 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I love the engineering that goes into one of these. Especially new concepts. Keep up the good work. We all learn from each other

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2017 - 11:01 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks Dale. Only after I'm totally done will I go back and document everything really well. I'll cover both what worked and what didn't. Make a PDF of the build from the Build Dairy and add some stuff in there. I did download some of your PDFs to reference and see how you handled some of the things you did on your circa 2003 (c) roadster build. Having so many before me makes my round easier of course. In both the kit building and the fumes. I've got a guy out in Nevada that I'm talking with. Sounds like he will be bringing a product to market also. For the fumes end of things. There are a lot of them out there already. Just most of them are underground. I'm trying to make something that will bring it out into the open in a way that isn't considered a threat to big oil. Maybe then we'll get to see this stuff out in the daylight a little better. Because the truth is... if people can afford the gas at the pump, they'll pay it. It won't matter to most that you 'could' get 200 mpg, if they have to void their warranty, it's enough to keep them at bay. Sad, but true.

But my plan has always been to have so many people doing this in parallel that it doesn't get shut up ever again. It's past time we had this out there for everyone who wants to do it.

Hell, we're only about 100 years behind the actual technology curve, throw us a bone already. Jesus. Very Happy

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2017 - 11:53 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Here's the last of that intake mod I was just working on. I'll be working on the computer controlled bit next.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/02/feb-26-finish-up-that-breath.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2017 - 04:02 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The control relay is in! Now on to the re-programming of the Arduino Teensy. W00T!

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/03/mar-1-one-program-away.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2017 - 03:02 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I've got a new update on marker light install. I see I've missed an update here too. I do have my controller working properly on the heater. I'll have to post that one up. That was a couple of days ago. I really need my seat back in this car so I can test drive it with the heater control operating now. One step closer to getting a tag for the car! Very Happy

Here's today's update for the marker lights install. First part of it anyway.

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2017/03/mar-7-them-marker-lights-tho.html

Thanks,
Coop

Jump to: