Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 24 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CrashRatOffline
Post subject: Need help with making an offer - unfinished NAERC Roadster  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2016 - 06:31 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi All,

It's been a few years since I've been touch with what unfinished projects are selling for so as I'm coming back onto the scene I'm hoping for some help please determining a fair offer price for this package. It is an NAERC Roadster kit a few hours drive away. It includes all the glass, lights, engine bay parts (complete engine cover + side panels), the CF interior parts, basically every accessory piece NAERC ever produced. The body is mounted, doors/panels all installed & aligned. Also included with the purchase are

- gauges
- rolling NAERC chassis
- 18" replica roadster wheels
- Audi trans
- adapter plate
- V6 engine (uninstalled)

The seller would like me to make an offer, and I'm not sure what would be fair. Given that fully completed, high-quality V6 kits seem to only fetch around the mid-$40k's these days, I'm not very inclined to get much higher than a $10-12k budget for all these pieces. Otherwise I'm going to be totally upside down in my build by the time I get it running. However, knowing how much all this stuff used to cost back when I was building in 2004/2005 that seems like a bit lowball so I'm hesitant to throw it out there for fear of insulting him and the work he's already done. On the other side though, considering how much work/money it still takes to put it all together I don't see how I can offer much more than that.

Do you all have some thoughts you can share please? The seller is a good guy and I want to be mutually fair with whatever price we end up agreeing on.

Thanks in advance!

Reply with quote Back to top
lambo1Offline
Post subject: RE: Need help with making an offer - unfinished NAERC Roadst  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2016 - 07:08 PM
KitCentral Fellow

hi Crashrat, I would think somewhere in the 15-18k I paid 10k nz $ for a Countach shell complete and chassis was about another 6knz$ trans if an 016 is worth about 700 nz$ it will cost propably another 15-20 to finish with paint, trim etc so I think 15-18k $usa is about right for that

guywithlamboOffline
Post subject: RE: Need help with making an offer - unfinished NAERC Roadst  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2016 - 07:41 PM
KitCentral Fellow

20K I would pay, say if all Chassis done and suspension , complete body (inc interior)etc
hey I just cracked side glass on my NAERC Roadster and bought new one from Ron
One THOUSAND $ . so the glass alone is worth with the package.

CrashRatOffline
Post subject: RE: Need help with making an offer - unfinished NAERC Roadst  PostPosted: Feb 29, 2016 - 12:53 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Awesome, thanks for the help Guys. I really appreciate it. The package is pretty darn thorough including all the interior carbon fiber bits so i'll see if we can't start the negotiations somewhere around the marks you suggested. I felt a little better about the $20k-ish Mark too once I slept in it.

Thanks again!

Jump to: