Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 23 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PrathameshOffline
22 Post subject: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 08, 2016 - 05:13 PM

Is HTTP://www.kitcarplans.com
really works? Question is any budy try its membership?

I found that site while searching about how to build replica car / body kits as beginner , I just wanted to know is this site really worthy or fake ? Is there any other site to prefer for beginner , I m a mechanical engg. Student and i would really love to build supercar for myself . I download all plans of replicas from webguy website suggested by jin dinner in this forum. But I didnt understand lot from that plzz guide me guys, thanks in advanced.

Reply with quote Back to top
76mxOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 02:52 AM

I do not know anything about that sites business credibility but I can comment on their product. There is simply no need to build your own plugs, molds, and body to begin your project. Those bodies are available. Trying to start a project like that would double the skill level and time required on what is already a difficult ant time consuming process. Check Dales website at lambobuilder.com

RTOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 04:03 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I'm sure that web site is real and they would be glad to take your money. Whether what you get from them is worth anything more than what you can get here and from member's posts for free is debatable.
Also, if you are presently an engineering student, when are you going to find the time to build a supercar? These things take a lot of time and dedication, not to mention money. You need a lot of equipment and tools and a place to build.
There is nothing "KIT" about these "kit cars".
76mx is right. Just building a car is hard enough let alone making the body too.
We all understand your excitement for the supercar you build yourself. That is who we are here. We know what we go through and you came here looking for advice from people like us. We don't want to discourage you but we wouldn't be fair to you if we didn't tell you the truth about what it takes.
So far the only "kit cars" I would recommend are the selection from Factory Five. They can supply you with all you need to build your supercar in a kit form. They still require work from you but you can be confident in factory support if needed.
If I were you, I would keep the desire alive but wait until after college and you get much better financially stable before you start.
I kept my dream alive and didn't start until I retired.
Save your money. Don't buy from that web site. All your inspiration and questions can be answered here.

RT

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 07:52 AM

Thnx guys for your guidance , I respect your replays , so I m going to delay my plans about building supercars on my own till my education completed and also get financially better , BUT I m going to collect the infos for building real thing , I will research when I have free time . This forum is full of infos I will definatly get lot therotical knowledge about that, thanx for your reply 76mx,RT.

76mxOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 04:15 PM

We do not mean to discourage you, and the time and money to build one can be stretched out over decades, but if you want to complete one while you are still young enough to enjoy it, the cold hard numbers become evident. $10,000 or more to get started and then $200 a week in disposable income for the next many years, also 20-30 hours a week fro the next many years. All of that is assuming that you already have a comfortable, equipped, and paid for shop to work in. Your situation may be different, but it is not an undertaking for a student. If you have no experience, double all of these numbers to compensate for errors. Put a picture of one over your lavatory and keep telling yourself that this is why you are going to school.

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 04:49 PM

i think about that 76mx i will begain my project after education. bye the way thnx for quick reply both of you guys , i will stay connected with you for more knowledge about building my dream cars.

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2016 - 05:52 PM
KitCentral Fellow

It might help to read my three part series, "So you want to build a kit car?" on http://lambobuilder.wordpress.com

sisqocrackerOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2016 - 02:31 PM
KitCentral Fellow

It's all good advice. It does take a lot of time. It doesn't matter which way that you take the time, but it will take a lot of it. I read the forums in multiple sites for about 10 years before I started my build. And because I learned so much during that time most of my build has been an assembly job. Over those 10 years that I was reading I was also collecting up all of the parts that I would need, so once I got to my build I was able to mostly just assemble. But even doing that, I'm two years into my build and only have a drivable chassis. There is still a lot left to do. Life happens and it will keep you from the build sometimes, it just happens that way.

I do keep progress pictures on my wallpaper of my phone, so I'm always seeing the progress as I go along, it also helps me think about what I'm doing next. So when I get time to work on the car the progress is fast as I know what steps I want to take.

But this is my luck, only kit I wanted to build turns out to be one of the hardest ones to build and most expensive. But I love every line on the Diablo coupe, there isn't a bad angle for me on this car. But I didn't want lambo expense for clutch, valve adjust, etc.

Enjoy the journey, it'll be a long one, but if you don't enjoy your journey, what's the point?

Thanks,
Coop

76mxOffline
Post subject: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2016 - 02:39 AM

Prathamesh, you have been courteous and your first post did not try to tell all of us how this is done. Sounds odd, but that is rare and I gotta respect it. I hope you build your car someday. In the meantime, if you ever find yourself in Texas, stop and check it out.

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 08:12 AM

lambobuilder wrote:
It might help to read my three part series, "So you want to build a kit car?" on http://lambobuilder.wordpress.com

I already visite you site man and I like your work so much.

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 08:17 AM

sisqocracker wrote:
It's all good advice. It does take a lot of time. It doesn't matter which way that you take the time, but it will take a lot of it. I read the forums in multiple sites for about 10 years before I started my build. And because I learned so much during that time most of my build has been an assembly job. Over those 10 years that I was reading I was also collecting up all of the parts that I would need, so once I got to my build I was able to mostly just assemble. But even doing that, I'm two years into my build and only have a drivable chassis. There is still a lot left to do. Life happens and it will keep you from the build sometimes, it just happens that way.

I do keep progress pictures on my wallpaper of my phone, so I'm always seeing the progress as I go along, it also helps me think about what I'm doing next. So when I get time to work on the car the progress is fast as I know what steps I want to take.

But this is my luck, only kit I wanted to build turns out to be one of the hardest ones to build and most expensive. But I love every line on the Diablo coupe, there isn't a bad angle for me on this car. But I didn't want lambo expense for clutch, valve adjust, etc.

Enjoy the journey, it'll be a long one, but if you don't enjoy your journey, what's the point?

Thanks,
Coop

I will definately Enjoy the journey. Because There is no end of this journey & I know that.i will definately going to build my dream in real no matter how much time it require.thnx for your reply sisqocracker

Last edited by Prathamesh on Sep 12, 2016 - 08:21 AM; edited 1 time in total

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 08:20 AM

76mx wrote:
Prathamesh, you have been courteous and your first post did not try to tell all of us how this is done. Sounds odd, but that is rare and I gotta respect it. I hope you build your car someday. In the meantime, if you ever find yourself in Texas, stop and check it out.

I would love to 76mx.& I will someday.

PrathameshOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Need Help as Beginner in kit building  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 08:34 AM

I love this forum. I know I choose the right place to learn about building real things, all you guys are really very friendly, really thnx for your guidances.

lambo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 08:35 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi Prathamesh, The webguy plans you have I have investigated years ago, and they are not very accurate at all with lots of errors, when you finally decide to start building you would do better to source a set of the NAERC plans that are out there for a basic Diablo frame, it has been built by many and is quite accurate and it works. I agree with 76mx building a Replica from scratch is not a job for a inexperienced builder, or those who are fainthearted , there are lots of sites out there to gain experience this site has excellent info and another scratch build site with good info is http://www.locostusa.com/forums/ or http://www.gt40s.com/forum/

PrathameshOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2016 - 05:26 PM

lambo1 wrote:
Hi Prathamesh, The webguy plans you have I have investigated years ago, and they are not very accurate at all with lots of errors, when you finally decide to start building you would do better to source a set of the NAERC plans that are out there for a basic Diablo frame, it has been built by many and is quite accurate and it works. I agree with 76mx building a Replica from scratch is not a job for a inexperienced builder, or those who are fainthearted , there are lots of sites out there to gain experience this site has excellent info and another scratch build site with good info is http://www.locostusa.com/forums/ or http://www.gt40s.com/forum/

wow thnx for such gr8 sites suggestions lambo1 , thnx for tolding me about webguy plans errors, are all plans have errors?or only few of them?

Jump to: