Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 48 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
76mxOffline
Post subject: CUSTOM CHASSIS for SALE, $1,000  PostPosted: Sep 30, 2016 - 10:00 PM

This is the aluminum composite monocoque chassis for my Chupacabra project. There is an issue at the fuel tank that has been resolved with a vacuum formed polypropylene bladder but I would rather build a new chassis than install it in this one, but it can be installed in this one and it will fix the issue. There is more info on the chassis and the fuel problem on YouTube at StricklandRacingInc, video#29. I would like to sell the bare chassis, but it is currently drivable and I would sell it as is for $30,000, or anything in between like less drivetrain for $20,000. The chassis has almost $1,000 worth of Lizardskin heat and sound treatment on it.

Reply with quote Back to top
LambeiroOffline
Post subject: RE: CUSTOM CHASSIS for SALE, $1,000  PostPosted: Oct 01, 2016 - 04:15 PM

Hi Charlie. You have built a great chassis there and that the buyer will get a real bargain. You might explain just what the buyer is getting for the 1K such as does it come with the suspension components, electrical components, tires/wheels, etc. Also, what is the wheelbase on the chassis and the track dimensions? Do you also sell the Chupacabra body too? Thanks, Jim

76mxOffline
Post subject: RE: CUSTOM CHASSIS for SALE, $1,000  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2016 - 02:54 AM

Jim, this is the chassis for my Chupacabra project which uses the same 98.5 wheelbase and track as a Countach. This is as nice a chassis as could be found but to be clear the $1,000 price is for the BARE CHASSIS ONLY! Any or all of the other components to finish it would be available and already installed but that would be a separate price. The structural adhesive gluing the gas tank together did not hold. Valvoline is pointing fingers at Ashland Chemical while I point fingers at it's FMVSS-103 fuel proof rating. In the meantime, this chassis is very repairable but I do not want to sell a repaired chassis as a new car.

The Chupacabra bodies will be available in about four months. in the meantime I have a very rough Countach body that I would include for another $400.

Jump to: