Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 50 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CookieguyOffline
10 Post subject: WTB Countach Replica  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2016 - 04:23 PM

I'm on the lookout for a great replica, so if anyone knows of one that is available, or knows of an owner who is contemplating selling theirs, please let me know.
I'm looking for a very nice example of a Prova/Mirage/Sienna (aren't we all?)
I do not want a Fiero chassis/engine (just my own preference)
Needs to be a completed example, running and already titled.
I'm located in Houston Texas, but will fly anywhere to look at the right car.
Cash buyer and more than happy to use an escrow company to make sure the transaction is smooth for both parties.
I'll pay top dollar for a top dollar vehicle.
I'm drama free and am looking for a similar drama free purchase (oh Ebay how I hate thee! LOL)
Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
lambobuilderOffline
Post subject: RE: WTB Countach Replica  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2016 - 03:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Check out Charlie's Chupicabra
http://www.stricklandracinginc.com/
Not a Countach but inspired by.

faaqassoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 24, 2016 - 10:51 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Did he design that as well. I remember seeing that car years back. Is he the original designer of that or building a replica of it?

As far as nice cars for sale I may sell my orange diablo replica. It's built with all aftermarket replacement and oem parts. Most original diablo ever built. If your interested please email me at crpdiablos@gmail.com or best to text me at 760 808 7041. Please understand I spent nearly 20 yrs building this car with my father and family so It will take serious numbers to pry it from my hands but the car looks exactly like a real diablo inside and out

76mxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 25, 2016 - 03:52 AM

I have always made sure that Flavio Adrianni of Brazil got credit for his design of the body. He sent me the point cloud so that the Peterbuilt guys could make the plugs and molds. The aluminum composite monocoque chassis and all of the rest of the car is my design. We have FMV certification for 900 ISO Certified International Serial Numbers and the first federally controlled MCO's that say I as a manufacturer can sell directly to an end customer without first going through a distributor and dealer, the thing Tesla got in trouble for.

VicariousOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2017 - 04:32 AM

76mx wrote:
I have always made sure that Flavio Adrianni of Brazil got credit for his design of the body. He sent me the point cloud so that the Peterbuilt guys could make the plugs and molds. The aluminum composite monocoque chassis and all of the rest of the car is my design. We have FMV certification for 900 ISO Certified International Serial Numbers and the first federally controlled MCO's that say I as a manufacturer can sell directly to an end customer without first going through a distributor and dealer, the thing Tesla got in trouble for.

Have you ever built one? Where are the finished cars? All I have ever seen are renders and drawings, its like the Bigfoot of kitcars...ha!...Where's the actual COMPLETED car or carS?

Is there a big factory somewhere? Just curious because you said "We" in your post.

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2017 - 02:01 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Charlie is in the process of building the first cars. Taking a car from concept to reality is very time consuming and expensive. You can see the process he is going through on his youtube channel.

76mxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2017 - 04:46 PM

Dale, thank you for that endorsement, it is time consuming and expensive. So far a couple of full time years and several hundred thousand dollars.

Vicarius, welcome to the Forum. We have built four chassis so far and finally have them the way I want for mass production. The first ones have been scrapped or sold off to the Kitcar industry. The body is not finished and I have made that clear in all of my comments and to all of the people that have given deposits for cars. I expect to have the first completed car in April. I say "We" because I value everyone working on this project. There is Flavio, Myself, my Wife (who is a licensed Nascar crewchief and good shop help), two paid Solidworks designers working on the pointcloud, all of the guys at Peterbuilt, and others. Peterbuilt has done coachwork for me in the past and they are involved and will do all of it on this project. There is no "Big Factory", there are six small ones in two countries working on this. We are not just building a car (which is the easy part), we are building a car company. We are here to answer all of your questions, any others?

VicariousOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2017 - 11:37 PM

OK great!
I guess we'll all look forward to April.

Thanks

76mxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2017 - 02:27 AM

You are welcome Vicarious but don't hold me to April. It will be presented when it is presented. In the meantime, I have tried to keep from becoming what I have despised for the last 30 years of my carbuilding. That is someone who says "Here is a drawing so send me a ton of money and I will make all of your dreams come true". Seems to me that the internet is fuller of those people than it is of the ones that are going to have a new team at Daytona next month. Notice in my website that I have very intentionally not solicited sales. However, as this project becomes more high profile, there are many collectors who think it is going to be something big and I am not turning down their deposits to insure them a low and hopefully more valuable serial number.

Dale, might I suggest another topic for your website: So You Want to Build (insert AND SELL) a Kit Car?

In the meantime, to paraphrase the words of Arlo Guthrie, "You remember Cookieguy, this song is about Cookieguy.....".

CookieguyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2017 - 04:34 PM

It's always about me! Laughing

CookieguyOffline
10 Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2017 - 05:54 PM

BUMP!

Still looking for that great Countach replica that I know is out there!!!!

By the time a good car comes up for sale, I'll have enough for a real one! LOL

Jump to: