Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 74 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CrashRatOffline
Post subject: For Sale: rebuilt Audi 5N transaxle with dinner plate, LSD  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2017 - 10:19 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi Guys and Gals, this would be a very economical way to get a completely rebuilt transmission with limited slip into your car. It has been fully rebuilt with receipts totaling $4,500 and never put on the road. It includes a Porsche 944 Turbo limited slip differential and reinforcement plate at the rear cone. This transaxle is a longstanding, economical and road-proven transmission used for up to 400hp on the GT40, Diablo & other mid-engine cars. Gear ratios are:

1st gear - 3.60
2nd gear - 2.13
3rd gear - 1.36
4th gear - 0.97
5th gear - 0.73
final drive - 4.11

I also have the NAERC shifter, shift cables, new in box custom-made CV Tech axles, and speedometer signal converter (this device converts the Audi speedo output into a signal your gauge can use - this is why you see so many "finished" replicas with non-working speedos. Yours won't be one of them!) to go along with it so you can get a complete package all in one place. I'm asking $1,900 for the transaxle by itself (with the signal converter) or $2,400 for the complete setup with shifter and axles.

Please PM me your email address for pictures and I'll get them over to you. I'm also available to discuss via phone if you prefer - 503.515.6187. these ratios are perfect for the BMW V12 or a longitudinally-mounted V6 and will work for a V8 if you don't intend to do a lot of highway driving. German Transaxle of America in Bend, Oregon has a 3.875 ring & pinion in stock for $400 that will make it a better drive for your V8 if you're really worried about the revs (2500 @ 65MPH vs 2750). This would effectively make it an AAZ transmission which is the most desirable one to use with the V8s. For whatever adapter you need you can get it from eric@kitcarchassis.com for an extremely reasonable price or call him at 214.606.2457. Feel free to mention my name when you call him if you want (Greg Downey).

Thank you, and happy 2017 everyone!

Greg

Last edited by CrashRat on Jan 04, 2017 - 05:51 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
CrashRatOffline
Post subject: RE: For Sale: rebuilt Audi 5N transaxle with dinner plate, L  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2017 - 10:26 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I should also mention that the trans is located in the Portland, Oregon area and that it is light enough to ship via FedEx Ground or small enough to fit in the trunk of your car. My reason for selling is that after going round and round with myself over cost & completion budgets for the last 2 months I finally decided that I wanted a 480HP crate LS3 more than I wanted to stay under my build budget. While this Audi transmission could have certainly worked if I needed it to, the car just wouldn't be a lot of fun to drive because I'd always be afraid of getting on it too hard knowing I had exceeded the commonly acknowledged power rating for this transaxle. So that's my reason for finally deciding to let it go to someone else.

CrashRatOffline
Post subject: RE: For Sale: rebuilt Audi 5N transaxle with dinner plate, L  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2017 - 04:22 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Transaxle is SOLD, thank you.

Jump to: