Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 60 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
capt,ginyu
Post subject: NSX engines.  PostPosted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:20 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Those NSX engines are more powerful than you think most people would say a stock corvette can out run a stock nsx but in most videos i have seen the nsx smokes just about any car it races. Corvettes, Vipers, Porsches, Supras, and even real Lamborghinis!. The best thing about these engines is they are mid mounted not need for custom parts or Porsche gear boxes and such plus they are cheaper than most other cars in its class to mainain and they should be cheap i see alot of tunner car guys guys using them to build those Civics with about 700bhp. I think the only problem with using one is the computer will be difficult to install but after that it should no problem from there and they could be installed in either a Fiero chassis, NAREC chassis or IFG chassis. what do you think can it work?

Reply with quote Back to top
CraigOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:50 PM

NSX - 290 bhp + 3152 lbs = 0 - 60 4.9sec
Diablo - 500 bhp + 3600 lbs = 0 - 60 3.9sec

Most videos show Acura's (or any other Japanese import) beating everything because they support the underdog interests, in particular the "tuner"/"ricer" market place.

Mikelong2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 06:21 AM

I have to agree with Craig, but also at time you'll see import outrun other bigger motor because they are simply lighter. Have you seen what's the condition would be like if they get into a crash??? unlike the american car, they have heavy and solid frame and that's what save your life....

jenssonhamiltonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 - 04:21 PM

How good will it be if you bolt some Japanese Tuner engine on a kit car? I would really want to know how much you it can have once tuned properly with the Italian makes and muscle car engines.

Last edited by jenssonhamilton on Mar 02, 2013 - 05:21 AM; edited 1 time in total

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 - 05:47 PM
KitCentral Fellow

You can install any engine you want. In the end it comes down to the HP to weight ratio to determine the performance. Just remember that torque plays a big part of the equation. A V8 with more torque will beat a smaller engine with more HP but less torque.

wire2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2012 - 01:19 AM
KitCentral Fellow

X2. Torque is the force that twists the axles to launch you ahead.

HP is only the number of times an engine can lift 33,000 lbs up 1 foot in 1 minute.

The 2 are related in the equation; T = HP x 5252/rpm

VF1SkullangelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2012 - 04:38 AM

EAMartin wrote:
You can install any engine you want. In the end it comes down to the HP to weight ratio to determine the performance. Just remember that torque plays a big part of the equation. A V8 with more torque will beat a smaller engine with more HP but less torque.

A V8 in a Fiero has been proven to be a laughable thing these days since most guys are moving to the Supercharged 3.8's.

As for an NSX engine in a replica, sure. they are quite easy to get considering you can get em out of an Acura Legend sitting in a junk yard. They sound great and make good power how ever if you want great performance be prepared to spend money.

AdrianBurtonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2012 - 06:47 PM
KitCentral Fellow

VF1Skullangel wrote:
EAMartin wrote:

A V8 in a Fiero has been proven to be a laughable thing these days......

By whom????

Torque wins races at the track, HP wins races in the bar. And that has been proven on every track!!!!

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

VF1SkullangelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2012 - 07:35 AM

there's a guy named shuan who called out V-8archie and even though he's a bit trollish about his claims he's legit enough were I believe him.

I haven't see any V-8 Fiero's run good times. Maybe there is one that does but I haven't seen them.

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2012 - 03:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

The problem with trying to launch hard with a V8 Fiero is that you have to try and not break the transmission and the torque steer is bad enough that it is hard to keep the car in a straight line.

guywithlamboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2012 - 05:54 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I wish I had saved clip of my V8 25th. I beat the crap out of it and was ok. however top end sucked, cause start to hydroplane. never did 1/4 test. but onece I took on back in days 98 540 Beema.

VF1 you judge only what you see on utube or mags. it seems.

VF1SkullangelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 24, 2012 - 07:00 AM

guywithlambo wrote:
I wish I had saved clip of my V8 25th. I beat the crap out of it and was ok. however top end sucked, cause start to hydroplane. never did 1/4 test. but onece I took on back in days 98 540 Beema.

VF1 you judge only what you see on utube or mags. it seems.

Do you got pics?

Jump to: