Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 65 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dodgechargr74Offline
Post subject: Honda V6  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 07:57 PM

I'm looking at building a murcielago kit in the future. Right now I'm just researching. I'm thinking about maybe putting a Honda V6 from an accord into it. Anyone have any ideas on how feasible that is? They are already side mounted engines. They make around 200 hp. And you can pick one up fairly cheap and check out the videos on the linked website. It sounds good, very exotic.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-31048.html

Reply with quote Back to top
capt,ginyu
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2004 - 03:05 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I wouldnt use a Honda engine usless it came from the NSX otherwise it would be terrible to use any honda engine in any platform besides its own. You can check on supra engines they make more than 300hp much better than the LT1s and plus the up side is you can tunne them for about 10,000$ and already your faster than a Ferrari 360!. The down side is like a Honda they can get very expensive if your not care full and since your going to have to import parts from Japan its not worth it. The major downside to any motor from japan is they will not last long and if something is wrong you cant fix it without some computer. The parts are not cheap do buy into that fast and furious BS of " you can take a civic and with 10k you can dominate the streets".

Im also waiting to build a Murcielago replica but im checking into a viper or Z06 engine because both make the same power as a real lambo and they will not leave you broke and most important then will not sound like lawnmowers with a cat back.

If you want to use a honda then check into an S2000 motor or the NSX because both cars are somewhat exotic and the engine is decent. But if you want performance then check on a viper engine.

dodgechargr74Offline
Post subject: lol i cant believe im defending honda....  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2004 - 09:46 AM

"I wouldnt use a Honda engine usless it came from the NSX"
NSX engines are almost impossible to find and why use an NSX engine, that makes a whole 290 horses when you can get an accord engine, which is basicly the same(cept NSX has DOHC), and do some work to it to make close to the same horses. even the new accord V6 make 240 horse, stock.

"You can check on supra engines they make more than 300hp much better than the LT1s and plus the up side is you can tunne them for about 10,000$ and already your faster than a Ferrari 360!. "
supra engines are the last thing on my mind for an 'exotic car', besides the issue of fitting it(its longer than an LT1). they arent cheap to upgrade compared to an LT1 or LS1, the supra engine is quiet possibly the worst idea ive ever heard.

"The down side is like a Honda they can get very expensive if your not care full"
so can any engine, if you rag anything out it will suck. honda parts arent that expensive, they are getting pretty common, and theyres a honda dealership down almost everyone's street

"and honda engines are very re-liable"
yep awesome

" and since your going to have to import parts from Japan its not worth it."
lol most aftermarket parts for cars, even american cars, are made in china, taiwan, places liek that, and a supra engine is a jap engine too buddy

"The major downside to any motor from japan is they will not last long"
are you kidding me? honda engines are known for lasting over 100K miles easy

"and if something is wrong you cant fix it without some computer."
most engines nowadays are controlled by computer, honda V6s, LT1s, LS1s, and yes, even supra engines

"The parts are not cheap do buy into that fast and furious BS of " you can take a civic and with 10k you can dominate the streets". "
um wasnt a supra and fasnt and furious? whos buying into the BS?

"im checking into a viper or Z06 engine because both make the same power as a real lambo"
well the 8.3l V10 is going to run you a pretty penny, then theyres always the transmission and clearence issue. and the LS4 in the ZO6 makes only 400HP compare to a Lambos 580hp, the viper V-10 is 500hp presently.

"then will not sound like lawnmowers with a cat back. "
lol heard a supra engine lately?

"If you want to use a honda then check into an S2000 motor "
sounds too ricey

capt,ginyu
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2004 - 10:12 AM
KitCentral Fellow

lol!
maybe your planning to drive it on a daly basis. I remember about 2 years ago a company by the name of lonestar made a Diablo replica that used either a Ford Zetc engine or a Honda heres the web site link

www.lonestarclassics.com i dont know if there doing honda engines but since your interest for using honda V6s are high i think the Panther they offer will accept a Honda engine im not sure. They also offer a GT40 and they offen get them mixed up on the site.

randythomasOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2011 - 02:26 PM

Putting a Japanese car engine to a Italian replica? I think there will be a lot of modification and fabrication to make if you want to run this car rear wheel.

Last edited by randythomas on Mar 02, 2013 - 05:18 AM; edited 1 time in total

VF1SkullangelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Accord engines are laughable. Reliable yes but id never want one in any of my toys. They don't make much power. I used to bully them all the time with my 3.8 Camaro. It was seriously sad.

Jump to: