Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 41 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimboOffline
Post subject: Droopy Rear  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 - 12:56 AM

Ok here is my question, I have a IFG VT with a droopy right rear end I never noticed it until I mounted the body which is when I noticed all the other things that were not right. I read that it is a common problem along with one side being 1.75" longer or shorter than the other (it's like the glass being half full or half empty) and the right front wheel well not being right. Now back to my question. Has anyone fixed the problem? I was gonna cut from the wheel well back and around to the back and move it up but it will throw off the wheel well and im sure other things. Or is it best I just leave it alone and pretend it never happen like IFG does Laughing . Here is a picture of it.
http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album24&id=Rear_view&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Reply with quote Back to top
mikeo
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 - 04:15 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I have the same damn thing going on. I just centered the wheels in the wells happy medium and called it good. It looks like you have the case of the rt side of the spoiler is too tall like mine too. That's next on my list. I pulled my hair out trying to center the car on the chassis with a string, and I gave up..I put the wheels on, centered the gap and welded it on.

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 12:46 AM

I like your wheels where did you get them? Im picking up my wheels this weekend from compomotive. Hopefully all will be lined up because the rear is already welded I can cut and move it a little but would rather not. I have a little play for the front it's not welded yet but it would be very little movement with out throwing the body off even more. What kind of tires did you get for your's im thinking Dunlop a little cheaper and pretty good quality $261 mounted and balanced for the back.

LTOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 01:18 AM

Hey Jimbo,

What did you compomotive rims cost you? Are they replica rims?

Thanks
LT

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 - 01:01 AM

Hey LT
Im putting a picture of the rims in with my car pic's if you want to see them. I cant say enough about Alan at compomotive he gave me his home number so I could let him know when I was about at his shop then came right over, and he isnt open on Saturdays. He gave me the tour which took all but 3 minits because he has a small place but he puts out a bunch of wheels a year. He seems pretty pickey about the final product to. They are three piece wheels so if you scuff one just send it back and he can fix it very reasonably. Im gonna say about $2200 is what he will ask for a set but call him and chat with him you never know what talking will lead to I have found that with several people. Oh yea wait till you pick up one of the rear wheels and see how wide they are, much wider than I thought Shocked

Jim

JimboOffline
Post subject: Rear window area  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 01:17 AM

Ok here is pictures of this weekends project http://www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album40&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php I closed in the back window area I still need to seal it off but before I do I would like to know if anyone sees any thing that will give me problems. I left the side windows as open as I could so I can see when I get into angled intersections and things like that. When I mounted the body I left it just shy of a inch high since I am 6'2", I checked with IFG and they recommended it being where I have it for my height so that is why it may seem a little high but hopefully not to high. IFG didnt have any documentation on a VT to send me so I winged it. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or sees a potential problem I may have with my design
Thanks
Jim

mikeo
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2004 - 02:12 AM
KitCentral Fellow

looks great Jimbo. I have the same thing going on with mine. I think what I'm going to do is spray some sound deadener on the engine side of the firewall and just glue the carpet right to the steel on the inside.

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 - 08:22 PM

Thanks Mikeo I beat it with a mini 5lb sledge and it didnt move so im guessing it will be strong enough. I think im going to put a layer of fiber glass on it to seal it. The sound deadener on the outside sounds good to I havent thought of how im going to finish the engine compartment side yet. I cant do much to it any way it is only 17 degrees here today so I cant take it outside to do any body type work or welding. Im doing wireing and putting in a new AC compressor and things like that till it warms up a little. Thanks again
Jim

Jump to: