Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 59 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
centerfoldsOffline
4 Post subject: AMERICAN SUPER-CARS  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2005 - 08:50 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Due to certain state regulations in my state making it almost impossible to own & register & insure a lamborghini replica in my state & also making me miserable in my dealings with the DMV & insurrance I reluctantly abandonad my Roadster Project Embarassed I would like to let everyone know that JACK at AMERICAN SUPER CARS is probally one of the best in the bussiness to deal with--not only because the quality of his work ,but after seeing what I had to go through & it would almost be impossible for me to register,pass emmissions,& insure it as a daily driver HE GAVE ME 90% OF MY MONEY BACK ! I dont know too many people in this bussiness that would of done this.We both agreed it would be too hard to acomplish this in the great state of NEW-JERSEY, so we both came to a very,very great price.Dont get me wrong,I could of registered & insured it as a collecter car,but that limits me to 3,000 miles a year.(yes I know the tricks but I dont fell like spending $85,000 on a car I can only use 3,000 miles a year or spending $85,000 on a car I got to lie about) I would like to also thank dB,JTM311,luis at wild-rides,shaddoe,kelly hayes,rodriguz,Jim dinner,fatt todd,famamouth,dale,mike o,auto-mx,barbecur,& the many others for there support & time throughout this project.(Sorry if I left anyone out,its just that my mind isnt right at this moment & its not a happy day) Well I also want to say..its not all over yet...I am willing to spend $40,000 to $50,000 on roadster build that I can only drive 3,000 miles a year.And Im also willing to do what ever else.its more reasonable.I just cant see almost $90,0000 when its all said & done & have to lie & be restriced.The car JACK was building me had the best of everything on a Replica chassie frame. maybe a fiero build can be the way to go for me? Im sure for that amount I can get something Im happy with.Its either that or buy a real one.So if anyone knows of a decent fiero lambo replica thats 100% finished LET ME KNOW! It has to be titled as a fiero & pass emmissions.In the mean-time ill also be looking.But for the new comers....American-super cars is a great way to go...look at the type people they are.They could of told me....theres nothing we can do...but there Gentlemen & honest.Thats a great start when looking for a turn-key builder. Thank-You. Eddie

Reply with quote Back to top
bpickellOffline
Post subject: RE: AMERICAN SUPER-CARS  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2005 - 09:37 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Sorry, it came to that. I don't live in NJ but where there is a will there is a way. There is no law that says you have to originally title it in NJ you can go across state borders and Title it in a state that is more lenient. And then all you would have to do is transfer the title back to NJ which let me tell you is a lot easier. People do it all the time in California.

About the insurance problem, what I would have done is get the thing done. Trailer it over to an insurance agent with an appraisal in hand, and go inside and say I want insurance on my car, and I want it without restrictions. Tell him the car is outside and he is more than welcome to check it out.

Another thing you could do is insure it in a state that does these cars without restrictions, of course you would have to know someone in the state in question to use their address. And then once insured and payed up for 6 months to a year, inform them that you moved to NJ and would like to transfer your policy.

I'm sorry, but after sinking that much money into the car there is absolutely know way I would let it go without a fight.

Brian

barbercrOffline
Post subject: RE: AMERICAN SUPER-CARS  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2005 - 10:13 PM
KitCentral Fellow

centerfolds I have to agree with Brian, I would not let my original dream die without a fight, with that much at stake, settling for a Fiero based car would never satisfy IMHO, I am building a Fiero based car and I know that I will be happy (for now) when it is done, I have chopped and changed a few things along the way, swapped the body for a better replica and I am very confident I will have a car I will be proud of, but to let it go when you understand what it could be like and settle for something less, no way.

I know I am in th UK and by all accounts it should be a breeze for me to register my car, but even here they have people who will do paperwork and get your car registered with as little hassle as possible.

Hell you took one of the best routes by choosing a custom chassis etc, it is probably easier than you think to get it registered, but all the jargon and mumbo jumbo that the DMV put in text just makes it seem hard or daunting, get back in the saddle, you CAN make this work...

centerfoldsOffline
Post subject: but...  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2005 - 12:35 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Guys,I know it sucks.Im telling you NJ is a horror. + I dont think the car was going to be ready on time because everytime me & Jack crossed a hurrdel,somthing had to be changed either because of safty or emmisions or the year it was going to be titled or the year of the block....Finally JACK got the paper work pkg. from DMV nj & even he said it was going to be a night-mare for me.+ Im in the middle of building a house,running a club,so many other things...DMV just was making me miserable & making the build change where it would of taken forever.+ the fact I want didnt want to invest $85,000 in a car I have restrictions with.It dosnt make sense I should have to lie about it either or be sneaky.Not for that kind of money.I seen some decent builds for $40,000 to $60,000 TOPS that I would be happy with & then be willing to take a chance with with NJ DMV or like I said..I seen a couple of real ones on e-bay for high $80,000 that I might go for.At least now Im free.....can shop....& if I find a 100% completed turnkey,I can be driving in 2 weeks or just go the real route.Like I said....its not over.....

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 11, 2005 - 12:59 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Great State my A$$!! Evil or Very Mad Move to Texas! Laughing That sucks dude! Well keep lookingI'm sure you'll find a car. I called ASC about some rads. They where nice and informative.

Later

Greg

KitKarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 11, 2005 - 07:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I think it's unrealistic to think you will drive more than 3000 miles a year in your $85,000 show car. I bet there are only a very few completed Diablo kits out there that see more than 1000 miles per year, unless you drive it across country or rent it out.
There are collector car insurance companies that will not restrict mileage, but you can only drive to and from car events or parades. If you think about it, that's probably all you'll do with it anyway. Actually, after the first month or two you'll stop driving to the shows and just drive it on and off the trailer.
Around here there is a car show every week so I won't have a problem finding an excuse to drive it.

FATTODDOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2005 - 04:07 AM

Eddie bring it here use my address,They let anything go here in redneck SC,and just to let it be known there are tons of Cobras......So ill help any way i can...dont give up the fight!!!! anyone gives you grief i will bust there jaw loose for ya..

miamicowboy69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2007 - 02:13 AM

Hey man, Triangle G has a VERY GOOD replica in the 40K range, you should check it out, or Maybe have your kit BUILT on a car you already own titled in your name, and plated in Canada. Why would it ever be questioned? Have a great Night

KHMMOTORSPORTSOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2007 - 07:57 AM

Centerfolds email me when ever you get the chance. Im from Marlboro NJ and have just taken over a sv project from a friend that passed 2 weeks ago and could use some of your knowledge on the Nj reg matter. I am also looking into building a Murci kit so please contact me asap. My personal email is Jinxmtracing@aol. Thanks man i'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon. Mike

barbercrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2007 - 08:30 AM
KitCentral Fellow

KMH, Centerfolds doesn't frequent here that often these days although he did drop in for the first time in almost a year a few weeks ago, he had a great car built on a Fiero chassis in the end, you will see it in his diary which is still up there, but he sold it a few months after it was built for personal reasons, not financial I hasten to add, I think he still hankers after a Murci and certainly has the $s to build or buy one, maybe when he realises Extreme are close to having the very product he desires he'll be back with avengence Very Happy

With that in mind I would PM him.

KHMMOTORSPORTSOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the reply man i saw he hasent been here but figured we live in the same state and he had problems so i need to know what he faced. I know its going way over the $$$ of just building a kit but for my murci build i was even thinking of picking up an original chassis with title and vin but the cost of insurence goes way up then. Anyway thanks again. Mike

Jump to: