Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 54 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject: IFG kits round front nose compared to a real diablo  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Can anyone one show me the differences between a IFG kit and a real diablo(as far as the front nose that everyone mentions). Honestly I have been searching for something that I can tell the differences but I just dont see it. I dont know nothing about these kits at all. I just know I have always wanted this car particular car.
PLease if possible that some one can post a clear picture of each in maybe the same pose that would make it clear and evident. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
OrangeSVOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2006 - 04:19 PM
KitCentral Fellow

What would help you the best in this regard is to understand that the early, "Phantom" model Diablo replica from IFG has been around for many years. It is a "sculpted" car; in other words, it is a completely from-scratch sculpture of a Diablo-inspired body.
To individually address all of the differences between a genuine, exact replica, and the IFG coupe would take volumes of comparisons. If the two bodies were side-by-side, the differences would become most apparent.
Taking it for what it is, it was the the only thing available at that time. Subsequently, other companies produced more and more accurate replicas. Aside from the fact that the IFG coupe is not copied, or "splashed" from a genuine car, there are problems with assymetry of the sculpted body. I recall reading in this forum that the wheelbase is different on either side of the body, one of the rear quarter panels appears "saggy" when viewed from the rear, and the AGP windshield is not symetrical side to side.
Some guys aren't all that concerned with originality, and just want a cool looking project to build...therefore this particular kit would satisfy their requirements..... But given the availablilty of far superior bodies, it just makes sense (to me at least) that unless you have found a very cheap deal on one of the early IFG bodies, it just makes sense to go with another body.

Bob

brianbsaltyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Thank's Bob,
I understand that makes since! I did get a deal on htis kit I would say I picked up the kit and a tube chassis for about $5000.oo on ebay.
But since it has been a dream that I thought I would never be able aford come true. I just want to has a nice car when I finnish this project.

capt,ginyu
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2006 - 09:35 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Iam I the only one in the kitcar world that sees something a little strange about the headlights of the IFG replicars or is it just me?.

Its like they are way to low or to small.

MIKEBAUEROffline
Post subject: ifg  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 - 05:04 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Me too, i think the nose of the ifg is to narrow and the headlights are set back just a tad to far. jmo mike b

mikeo
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 - 10:00 PM
KitCentral Fellow

The difference I see is iup by the top of the front fenders. They look all puffed up compared to tje real deal. It almost makes the hood look too stubby, and short. If you could stick your hand between the top of the front tires and the fender, then go from there to the edge of the hood, it is all swelled up.

Jump to: