Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 63 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johnnyboyOffline
Post subject: whats kind of hp can you get out of the 3800  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2006 - 09:44 PM
KitCentral Fellow

hello all,
im getting to the stage where i have to decide on a engine. im curious to see what kinda of numbers in hp and torque you can pump out of the 6 banger with the supercharger. i recently owned a 300zxtt with 520hp and that car was sick. the only problem was it kept breaking down. can the 3800 achive at least 400hp,and hold its integrity with the audi5000 trans. i know i can get that with no problem with the lt1, but its looks like it carries a hefty price tag.all opinions welcome.
thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: whats kind of hp can you get out of the 3800  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2006 - 11:10 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Make sure you check out
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/index.php
Look in 'Products' /Engines, Cam and Valve Train, Pulleys and Belts. All will increase HP and still maintain reliability.
Put a plate in the Audi, ....trust me!

Jim

johnnyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2006 - 11:27 PM
KitCentral Fellow

most definatly jim. i will be contacting you soon for that item. i was on zz's website trying to find some info for the 3800. i have the list that you set me in the pm, but i see that they offer cyl heads that give a dramatic increase in hp. considering that a younger ls1 goes for about 2-5k do you think they would be worth the cash or not.

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 - 04:45 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I love ZZP!

Greg

Custom NAERC 6.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28631797@N03/

hnthompsOffline
Post subject: Re: whats kind of hp can you get out of the 3800  PostPosted: Oct 12, 2007 - 12:42 PM

With a cam, intercooler, and smaller pulley you should be able to get around 400 hp out of a 3800 SC Series III engine. Head work, porting, possibly roller rockers, etc. should add a bit more to the combo.

johnnyboy wrote:
hello all,
im getting to the stage where i have to decide on a engine. im curious to see what kinda of numbers in hp and torque you can pump out of the 6 banger with the supercharger. i recently owned a 300zxtt with 520hp and that car was sick. the only problem was it kept breaking down. can the 3800 achive at least 400hp,and hold its integrity with the audi5000 trans. i know i can get that with no problem with the lt1, but its looks like it carries a hefty price tag.all opinions welcome.
thanks

Jump to: