Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 61 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
001loans.comOffline
5 Post subject: Murcielago Tail Lights wire  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 - 05:51 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Can anyone tell me how to wire the fiero tail light wires up to the Murcielago tail lights? The police pulled me over because my break lights and my turn lights work together and the last red break light was on all the time and very bright. No ticket thank God, but he said was it legal to have this Murcielago that is really a fiero? I said yes, I think. Wow

Reply with quote Back to top
lambobuilderOffline
Post subject: RE: Murcielago Tail Lights wire  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 - 06:10 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Try this to see if it helps. This was Fiero wiring for Roadster.
http://www.lambobuilder.com/Manual/Wiring.pdf

001loans.comOffline
14 Post subject: Yes I did but got lost  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 - 06:16 PM
KitCentral Fellow

The turn lights will keep coming on when the breaks are pressed. Your old website had more information on it before, or is all the information still on your site? Some links do not work just to let you know. Thanks you so much for helping me. I have completed my first kit 2 weeks ago, painted it 3 times, looks ok now. I have a new kit and need to make the wires perfect this time. Do you have information on how to install the 13" breaks and suspenison from heldman?

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject: RE: Yes I did but got lost  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 - 09:48 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have not used Held suspension. Sorry.

jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: Yes I did but got lost  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 - 12:47 AM
KitCentral Fellow

If you Tee into the signal wires at the front of the car and run them to the back this will make the signal lights come on only during signals. I don't think the Fieros ever had a rear signal that only signalled, they were always brake lights too. If you tee into the third brake light circuit and power up your brake lights in the rear this will stop them from flashing during signalling.

krinderhagenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2016 - 03:54 AM

The problem I see is that the filaments of the light bulb, in a normal situation would be two one being for the tail or parking the other for brake or turn. Somehow there is confusion with brake and turn.
I normal tail light assemble has
A white for back up, which is a single filament grounded bulb that goes to the transmission or shifter reverse switch.
Then there is the brake light which is sometimes a single filament and sometimes a double filament either way they are ground bulbs with one wire for single filament and one for double filament one goes to the brake switch and one goes to the light switch for the parking or tail lights
The outer corner lights would be two filaments one for the tail or parking and one for the turn signal which is also a grounded bulb that connects to the flasher and the emergency flasher
There is commonly a marker light that illuminates when the tail lights are on though may be used for valet and also has a separate switch
The best I can think of is to count the filaments in the bulb and find what it is connected to
If the dual filament bulb is contacted to a tail and the other is connected to brake and turn signals then you when you use turn signal the light will blink on and off or fade out except for when the brake is depressed then the light will have a lite flash while staying eliminated

I would consider adding a light sockets to the array that operate independent from the brake light circuit
Idea

krinderhagenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2016 - 04:12 AM

Here is an Artical posted on E How that briefs on the tail light and car modifications

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7654085_california-brake-light-laws.html

I have some models with several brake lights in the assemble and would have one blinker on the outer upper corners

This link has the vehicle code and mentions briefly on what there trying see

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=25001-26000&file=25250-25282

Older cars would have one light assemble on both sides that today are rare to see

krinderhagenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2016 - 04:48 AM

is there replacement sockets for the tail light assemble i wanted a dual filament on the outside and inside red and the 1988 Fiero are wired with the turn and brake on a single wire when the turn signals are on and step one the brake it illuminates the other side though continues to blink

Jump to: