Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 70 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
beslavinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Don't just screw it. They will do it again if it keeps working for them.

Reply with quote Back to top
sttsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2007 - 01:36 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I bought a precor eliptical last year from Ebay for a little over 2grand. I bid on it because it was only 20 miles up the road and I could load it on my truck. After the auction, they wouldn't answer the phone on the number Ebay gave me, but they said in an email, pay it now with paypal and then they would send pickup instructions. I didnt do that. I looked up their name on internet phone book, and found their address in Tip city which matched the phone area code from Ebay. I went down there to check it out. The garage was full of stuff but I didnt see a precor. I called the phone number and heard it ring while standing on their doorstep. I rang the doorbell and a fat lady answered. I said I was here to pick up my precor. She had a shocked look on her face and said she knew nothing about it and somebody stole her identity. I could tell on her face she was lying and I told her this was felony grand theft and I was filing a police report. She said good for me and get off the property. I almost made it home when the cops rang my cell phone. She called the cops and wanted to file charges against me for threats and harasment since my phone was on her caller ID. I explained that I was the victim even though I didnt loose any money. The cops refused to do anything to any body. They said there is no proof these were the people and Ebay refused to divulge the identity of the person registered to the pay-it-now button. So another crook gets away.

Ebay is the problem. They host and harbor crocks and they dont cooperate with investigations without a court order. On Ebay, use paypal to get $2000 in guarantee and thats about all you can do. On cars, read the fine print. I dont think kit cars count in their policy. They leave a lot of wiggle room as to what constitutes a complete vehical.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2007 - 03:42 AM
KitCentral Fellow

What a fraud!!! Evil or Very Mad Shocked Chris, sorry to hear that eBay still can't (don't want?) to help returning your money! So what's eBay? Something like an on-line mediator between the seller and the potential buyers, without ANY guarantee that the seller's stuff really exists? Shocked Why not they use an authorized 3rd-party (independent) mediator between the final buyer and the seller, i.e. the mediator deliver the stuff to your door (even if you live in another continent) and when you sign the document and get the stuff, they care for a quick bank transfer that fill-up seller's bank account? It's possible and very easy to make. Or maybe I watch too may Star Wars?
OK, what about the seller's bank? They could find her using her personal data and at least they could give her current address etc. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't tell me that even they don't make anything to help??? Rolling Eyes

sttsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2007 - 08:01 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Ebay is the biggest online auction. Everything you want is on Ebay. Most sellers wont use a third party. Either they dont understand it and wont try it, or they just dont want to pay extra fees or both. When I bought my car, the sellers flatly insisted on wire transfer within 3 days or the deal is off. My bank held the transfer till the 4th day and the sellor was very pissed. I flatly told them I would file suit if they busted my sale. It was a very angry transaction. But I was stuck with doing things their way if I wanted that car. I took a chance and found out the car was somewhat misrepresented, but I have a car which is more than some of the other accounts I have been reading about on this forum. With Ebay, you are pretty much stuck with "take it or leave it" and you must depend on paypals insurance coverage. It helps that this forum keeps track of Ebay troubles but I didnt know about this forum when I made my purchase. I am sure a lot of others are in the same boat.

Scammers know all about opening fraudulent bank accounts to steal money. Anybody checking on those bank accounts will find them empty and the personal info bogus.

BOBIDESIGNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2007 - 09:06 AM
KitCentral Fellow

If I was a buyer, I would create a separate bank account (for single use), and fill-up there only the money which I intend to send to the eBay seller. So, at least I won't worry about stealing my bank information etc...

missyOffline
Post subject: EBay  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2007 - 02:16 PM

Red my return of EBAY FRAUD>>>>

JuddDrumsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2009 - 06:06 AM

WARNING! Don't become another victim of mcccars09. Read all about this ebay scam at www.RichardCosentino.com or google 330-506-3202. Don't be fooled by John Schmutzer and Richard Cosentino! Currently running an ads on Ebay under Replica/Kit Makes.

Jump to: