Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 41 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimboOffline
6 Post subject: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 01:44 AM

Well its been 5 1/2 years and I think it is time to stop making changes and slap on some color. I have a few more things to test the fit of and it's time to pull it all apart (again!). The mirrors and wiper are my last big challanges before I give in and paint it. I see so many little things I would like to add or redo but you have to give in and finish sometime. Besides seeing Kevin's car all done and road worthy makes me jealous so now I need to drive mine Laughing . I hope to have it on the road before the snow flies this year so I have the winter to fix any bugs I find with it. Anyway here is a link to my album http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=Body-Wok-and-Paint&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

Thanks
Jimbo

Reply with quote Back to top
jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 10:39 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Looking good Jimbo. Get 'er painted.

gwaderOffline
Post subject: RE: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 07:31 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Awesome, keep going!

Greg

Custom NAERC 6.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28631797@N03/

DominiqueOffline
Post subject: RE: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 09:13 PM
KitCentral Fellow

good job man,
looks realy good ...

facebook:lambonick@hotmail.com

marksdiablovtOffline
Post subject: Re: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 11:43 PM

Jimbo wrote:
Well its been 5 1/2 years and I think it is time to stop making changes and slap on some color. I have a few more things to test the fit of and it's time to pull it all apart (again!). The mirrors and wiper are my last big challanges before I give in and paint it. I see so many little things I would like to add or redo but you have to give in and finish sometime. Besides seeing Kevin's car all done and road worthy makes me jealous so now I need to drive mine Laughing . I hope to have it on the road before the snow flies this year so I have the winter to fix any bugs I find with it. Anyway here is a link to my album http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=Body-Wok-and-Paint&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

Thanks
Jimbo

Where did you get your kit? Thats exactly what im looking for...nice car by the way1...!

RTOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Almost primer and paint time  PostPosted: May 28, 2008 - 12:09 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Jimbo.
I can relate. I am at five years, four months, and am almost ready to "head to the finish line". Your car looks great.
Maybe we can both have our cars at Carlisle next year. That would be fun. Kev could bring his and hopefully some others from here could join us.
I have a picture taken years ago with six finished Diablo replicas at Carlisle. Wouldn't it be nice to break that record with seven or more?
Keep up the good work.

RT

rodrieguzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2008 - 12:45 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Jimbo,

Keep pushing and get er done! Carlisle would be great if we can have @ least 10 diablos there, that would break the record for sure! then we can all park in the grass together lie the cobra and fiero guys do.
Great point RT

Rod

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=Rod-s-roadster-build&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2008 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for all the great comments. It has been a huge battle to try to make everything fit Mad . marksdiablovt I bought the kit from IFG and they treated me quite well but the fiberglass left alot to be desired. It is one of their older kits and the mold is was not the greatest. Look back through my diary and you will see a big difference from where I started to where it is now. I owe the knowledge of how to fix it to a couple of friends that do body work and also to the people on this board. With out all of the shared knowledge I would of been one of the quitters but thanks to everyone on this board, Dan & Ray at IFG and my local friends and family that were always willing to give me pointers Im shooting to be in that almost unheard of 3% that build their car from start to finish. I plan on being at Carlisle next year as long as things keep going good and hope we beat the crap out of the old 6 car record. After all it isnt a record if no one tries to beat it, it's just a number.

R.T. and Kevin it was great talking to both of you at the show. I still cant believe Kevin built his car in a tent, now thats dedication to a hobby.

Thanks
Jimbo

PanteraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2008 - 02:09 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Looks great so far.

21reese18Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2008 - 03:52 AM

paint the thing already and post a few vids for the beginners for insperation

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 09, 2008 - 12:25 AM

Sorry it's taking so long my job has me going back and forth between PA (home) and georgia each week. were building a new plant and were doing all of the networking, fiber, and cabeling. We still have a bunch of work to do down there and the owner of the paint shop told me to get it apart because it is ready for paint but we keep leaving on Sunday evenings and coming back on Wed or thursday evenings. it doesnt leave me much time to do my normal work yet alone tear the car apart. My wife and I are both anxious to get it done. Soon Ill have some time and slap some color on it.

Jump to: