Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 22 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
what do you think? scam or not?
yes?
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
No?
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

darkprinceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 - 07:20 AM

Flying_Roadster wrote:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG. Like someone said on another post. Wait till he has actualy screwed someone, that's the only way to TRULY know. I personally don't think he will.

My .02
GW

I agree 100%.... I would like some reassurance that he's a legitimate business man, and I thank you for taking the time out of your day to pay him a visit.

I would like for him (Carkitinc) to answer my question as to why his Mucri Roadster kit looks weird. All other kits look great, but its the Murci Roadster(The one I want to purchase the most) that looks strange. Care to answer as to why that is Johnson?

Reply with quote Back to top
bartmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 - 01:38 PM
KitCentral Fellow

If you have followed the Murci replica for a few years you would realize that the murci kitcarinc sells is the old G24. It is a decent car just not that accurate, the nose is long and the rear too tall and square/short or something. From my understanding kitcarinc just produces bodies that is why there is no completed car photos. I think when they say they have sold "x" number of cars they probably mean bodies or partial bodies. I talked to him, and he told me I could come pay in person and pick up the body right then. How is that a scam, he said if I don't like what I see then don't buy. How is he going to scam me? Is he going to knock me over the head when I get there and take my money?? I understand there are a lot of scam artist in this business, I have been had by quite a few. But why do this to this guy when no one, no one has been scammed and someone on this forum went and checked him out in person?

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 - 07:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Looking at the recent posts I think things are getting confused, the thread is called "SuperReplica site is down?hmmm CarKitInc looks like them!!hm", if I was an outsider reading this thread it would be clear that they are not the same guys or company.

But MMs recent post would make you think you are gonna get ripped off by CarKitInc, when in reality Flying Roadster has been there and seen the operation, for me I would like to see pics of the visit, or a subsequent one Flying if it isn't too far, but depending on your trust of Flying that seems like a fair report and useful info (don't get me wrong flying I'm not dissing you, just keeping it balanced)

So I think we need to seperate the two entities, I for one would not trust Superreplicas as far as I could throw my Diablo kit, however on recomendation from Flying Roadster I would go and check out CarKitInc for myself and if satisfied collect my kit there and then.

The only problem is the USA is geographically huge and not everyone will be able to get to his shop to check it out, so you have to take it on faith and go with someone you get a good feeling about and has a growing reputation for delivering.

All that said if I was buying now and not building MM would be the man I would go to.

MMBRAZILOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 - 08:22 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Just to clarify,I was refering to supereplica and based on their videos that shows some guys taking doors out of an old car and some tubes welded, and nothing of fiberglass bodies or replicas beeing built.

Flying_RoadsterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 22, 2008 - 08:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I don't think MM was refering to carkitinc.com. His customers have been duped by Superreplica though.

As far as getting pictures I will gladly get some for you. I have family about an hour from there. My next trip down I will get some, figuring out how to post is something different. I'll figure that out. It may be alittle while before I get down there though, but I will definately get some pics.

I know Johnson said he doesn't get on here anymore because he felt he couldn't overcome the bad comments. He said he couldn't win. So I don't know if he will reply. He gave me his card though his Number is 256-891-2030. They answer as "Quick Cash" because that is his main business. The body business is called Quick Cash Car Kit Inc. It simplifies answering the phones he said. I'm sure he would gladly answer any call, he really seemed nice.

Sorry to be long winded. Just trying to help.

GW

vipermanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2008 - 10:04 PM

i was thinking about buying the viper kit from them. has anyone bought it? does it look good? is this whole thing a scam? im still not sure even though ive read all these posts

joshuah666Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2008 - 12:49 AM

Ok guys this is what i saw of carkitinc during my trip there. I left here on aug22 and arrived there on aug24. When i got there to the left of his office building i saw two mercy 1s, one was a NT(mine) and one was a removable top version, Which he said was going to Brazil. Behind those, there was a lp640 hard top, and his ash mart kit. also there two or three wrecked porche boxters for his gt2 kit. To right of his office there was a dee-low kit, a 360 kit, and the molds for the gt2. All were ready to be shipped. He also had a set of mercy tire and wheels. he showed me a 360 seat he had done and it looked good. Although i didn't get to see his shop (it was in another town about an hour away) i wanted to, but after driving 1582 miles one way i was tired. Mr. Johnson was a real nice guy and answered all my questions i think he is honest although he dresses and kinda looks like elvis lol. Now guys im not tring to argue or sturr up stuff but this is what i saw. People will belive what they want i can't change that but i know they are the real deal and i now have something to build, and for me thats enough. All you guys in this fourm seem great and from the threads ive read are all really smart. it seems there are a lot of scamers and there is nothing wrong with bringing up a concern if something sets off a red flag after all who wants to lose there hard earned cash i don't. Sorry to be so long winded but i will post my pics of the car i got from carkitinc as soon as i figure out how sorry.

skewzmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2008 - 01:19 PM

I've exchanged a few emails with this Johnson guy at carkitinc, inquiring about the Aston Martin kit they have for the XK8. I hope it's real, but I gotta tell you, the guy seems really evasive. In the last email I sent, I asked a few specific questions -1. Have you sold any of the Aston Martin kits, or can you give me a reference from someone who's built one? 2. Do you have any of these kits ready now for pickup ?
This was his answer to my email, and I quote " WE SALE KIT CARS." That's it.
Does this guy not speak or understand english well? I'm not sure, but I do know you MUST be careful in this industry, and any legit company should recognize that and be willing to answer questions like mine with clarity and without reservation or insult. Not to insult the above poster, but I'm also suspecious that the one guy who claims to have been there is also a new member here. Any to anyone who thinks you shouldn't be suspecious without cause, I can only assume you are young and inexperienced in this industry. I was a part time writer for Petersen's Kit Car many years ago, and I've seen it all. There are as many scammers in this business as there are legit companies - maybe even more.
I really like this kit they are offering. At the sales price of $3995 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it I will buy one if it's real, but I will also drive down there to get it.
Joshuah666 - can you post some pics of the kit you bought ?
Thanks

Ian1964Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2008 - 04:41 AM

Hi everyone
I am interested in importing the Aston Martin replica kit to the UK.
I think there could be a demand over here with plenty of tired XK Jags around.
I have had a quick but brief response from Jackie Johnson telling me to contact the shipping companies listed on their website. As it's tricky for me to pay a personal visit I'm relying on the comments on this forum and would appreciate if you could post any pics if someone actually gets the Aston kit.

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2008 - 07:53 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Ian I think you will wait a long time as this froum won't attract most people who are after an Aston replica.

I dealt with the US when I originally bought my kit and I was lucky, I got exactly what I ordered.

However, I arranged my own shipping and the first I knew that I was actually getting the car and kit was when the shipping company confirmed they had collected the kit, that said it wasn't entirely what I expected when it arrived.

Your best bet is to try and find someone (a reputable member) who is close to them to pay for and collect your kit, then you arrange shipping from them to you.

I think everyone is sceptical of this company and would advise against handing cash straight to them.

Ian1964Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Chris, good suggestion are you still UK based?
Anyone interested in working with me on this one?

Meet Jackie and the staff!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpS00_NZaY

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2008 - 11:12 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Yes still in the UK, but sadly have my own project to finish, although a good idea to freshen an £10k XK.

Ian1964Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2008 - 01:56 AM

What are you currently building?
Any suggestions for sourcing a written-off XK with minor body damage?

chrisbarbersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2008 - 09:16 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have a Diablo SV Replica, you can see my out of date build diary on page 3 of the galleries.

Sorry no, I looked at a low mileage car a while back and saw a lot of XKs for around £10k, but they go quick, and I don't mean just the speed Smile

Your best bet may be autotrader.

joshuah666Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2008 - 02:34 AM

skewzme, i will glady show you some photos of my kit give me your emaill adress and i will email them to you

Jump to: