Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 42 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PanteraOffline
7 Post subject: The Offical 2JZ thread!.  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2008 - 08:18 PM
KitCentral Fellow

My question to the replicar builders on this forum is why hasn't anyone looked into the possiblitly of investing in a 2JZ powerplant for their build?.

Its a great engine, makes good power off the shelf and with a couple bucks you could distory the original at any givin time as well as countless other supercars.

Its about the same size as an LT1 roughly so fitting a replica cover over it wouldn't be a huge challenge and like I said the aftermarket possiblitly is endless its like having an LS1 under the hood you can build it to be faster than the original. Wink

The only time I have seen it used in a replica was one Ultima had a 2JZ with a BPU set up while the other was indeed a Countach replica with a 2JZ somewhere in new zeland.

If it does wonders for a Toyota Supra imagine if someone stuff it in a tube chassis!

Reply with quote Back to top
greenmeansgo
Post subject: RE: The Offical 2JZ thread!.  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 08:53 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I have a 2jzge swap with auto trans if wanted, just remember its a strait 6, not a v6

jthaichartOffline
Post subject: RE: The Offical 2JZ thread!.  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 - 05:20 PM

I have 2JZ-GE (no turbo) + Subaru transaxle on NAERC replica chassis. The engine + transaxle is a bit long and high so I could not put an engine cover on it. If you wanna see the pictures drop me on e-mail.

TonyBowmanOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: The Offical 2JZ thread!.  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2011 - 06:41 AM

jthaichart wrote:
I have 2JZ-GE (no turbo) + Subaru transaxle on NAERC replica chassis. The engine + transaxle is a bit long and high so I could not put an engine cover on it. If you wanna see the pictures drop me on e-mail.

I would really love to see some pics! I have a complete 2jzgte (jdm) im garage right now that I purchased to replace the sbc/fiero trans setup in my Diablo. Im tried of sbc and want something different, mainly more power and a auto transmission. I know I can go with a single turbo, new cams on e85 with a good tune and get 500-600hp pretty easy.

I thought I was going to be able to use my th425 transmission with a BOC adapter plate to the 2jzgte but the final drive is hitting the oil pan. I can flip the final drive 180 degress and run a reverse rotation with engine/trans. The final drive will clear the oil pan but I would have to make a adapter plate to flip the final drive (hard) then the jack shaft would be too short, the list goes on and on on what it would take to get it to work.

Thworse part is I would have to trim a corner tab off the rear of the block for the trans to be able to fit. If the project goes bust- I have pretty much ruined a 2jzgte block for someelse to swap into thier Lexus....

Please send me some pics! Every night I sit infront of this stupid computer and try to figure out a way I can put that 2jzgte in my fiero based Diablo...

Jump to: