Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 66 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DIABLO23Offline
Post subject: Clutch ? for 3.8 series II  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2008 - 02:34 PM

I decided to go with a 97 3.8 supercharged gtp motor. I heard that I need to have a flywheel machined to a certain thickness and that I can use one from a -96 f-body camaro/firebird. I will be using the 5spd getrag from a fiero. what clutch and pressure plate can I directly bolt in to this set up? west coast sells a clutch and pressure plate, but thier like $350 each. more than I have. can I use a clutch and p.p. from those model camaro/firebird? will it bolt right up? any help would be appreciated thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
Bull_RunOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2008 - 02:30 PM

Your going to need to get the 3.8 camaro flywheel machined down by a machine shop. you can find more info here: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/084439.html

as for the clutch for the 3.8 you'll need to use the SPEC 3 STAGE 3 Clutch

that is the setup I am running on my motor. and alot of guys on fiero.nl are doing also

Hope this helps

yakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 06:55 PM

I went with the westcoast fiero stage 3 setup but you might save some cash with a machined comaro flywheel and the centerforce df clutch kit. Archie has had good luck with them. I had a buddy that tried another so called "performance" clutch and it lasted no time at all.

Jump to: