Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 52 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulobryanOffline
Post subject: STTS HINGES, WOW!!!!!  PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 - 01:47 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I got the set of hinges today and I am am so happy with them WOW, great job.... I wish STTS was making V12 adaptor plates and other parts... Nice work.... really nice work.....

Reply with quote Back to top
sttsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 - 06:50 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks, Im glad you like them. Those roller bearings make all the difference. Smile I can make anything if you have some time and dimentions to post. If you have a NAERC climate control plate dimentions and hole spacings, I can make a whole bunch of those plates up pretty cheap so people can build controls with radio shack parts to get them by till riceburner gets things done. I cant see spending $350 for something temporary, when a kick arse control is comming soon for $500.00. I got plenty of money but I am still a budget minded person. Nobody wants to get so deep into these builds that you end up burried in bills like KevKev is. Its great to build, but bills can really take the fun out of it when they get out of hand.

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=STTS-Build-Was-Pure-Gold-Exotic&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

sttskitcentral@yahoo.com

MIKEBAUEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 - 03:29 PM
KitCentral Fellow

To bad the V12 adapter is not pretty enough for you paul.I know it works , I installed it all together with the bushing on my engine/trans . The centerlines are perfect, JimDinners math is flawless. Maybe you should have done your research on the subject. The pic is not mine it is one of many that Jim has poster here and on his web site

I know it is down right ugly! but it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/][/URL]

paulobryanOffline
Post subject: adaptor,  PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 - 04:31 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Mike, don't get me wrong, I am glad you help me get an adaptor plate made! I know you did not do it yourself, but a local shop made it, I was not trying to imply your work was Spartan or trying to give you a hard time, really! I am just really impressed with STTS metal work, I am still thankful that you gave me a hand with the adaptor plate.
So much work goes in to building these things, besides the cost, and of course if I can also achieve a Bang & Olufsen quality of finish, it makes the car look so much better. For me, building my car is so out of my skill range that I am dependent on people like you that were kind to assist me with some of the challenges I have encounter during the build. The least thing I want to do is to burn a bridge with another member of the forum.
STTS is making this part himself, and based on the quality I see in the part, I thought that some of that talent may also be appreciated in other parts of the car, but of course I am being selfish since I know that if I attempt to do anything in metal will look like crap, so I am really hopeful that people like STTS every once in a while offer the skill and talent to benefit members of the forum.

sttsOffline
Post subject: RE: adaptor,  PostPosted: Nov 27, 2008 - 05:29 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Opps, didnt mean to fester hurt feelings, but everything in perspective. I am a perfectionist. I am just like that. And everything I do takes longer because I have to to it absolutely right. The good is that its a cool part. The bad is that it can take longer to do which can rub against peoples schedule. Also, good looking stuff costs more but i have a lot more time in these hinges than i am asking for. Some stuff dont need to be pretty as much as it needs to be accurate, but since these hinges show, I wanted them to be proud puppys that had what even real Lambos dont have. Smile Happy thanksgiving everybody. Smile

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?set_albumName=STTS-Build-Was-Pure-Gold-Exotic&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

sttskitcentral@yahoo.com

6.0_BUILDEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2008 - 05:35 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hey Mike

When you shipping out my adapter PMed you a few times ??

MIKEBAUEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2008 - 11:32 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hey Manny, the adapter is ot ready but the custom flywheel is and ready to ship. I PMed you

mike b

6.0_BUILDEROffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2008 - 01:48 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Mike ...........just got your PM ........thanks

BrianJonesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 12:39 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I second that!! I too was impressed with STTS's hinges he made me.