Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 50 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MURCenaryOffline
Post subject: WARNING - JVD is the Bernie Madoff of the Replica World -  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 03:43 AM

DO NOT HIRE "JVD"

I'm sure some of you may be wondering why you have not seen much of my build since getting it back from JVD aka Jon Vandermolen (his real name) aka JVD Custom Designs.

The interesting thing about JVD and his newly build web site is his site starts off saying: At JVD our business is all about creating automotive dreams that others consider impossible. Impossible to get any worse of a job done!!!!

It should say Automotive nightmares!!! Literally

I hired him to build a custom chassis, he did that, installed the engine and was supposed to install a Corvette C5 Suspension.. Well it turns out he installed C5 parts but mocked up his own partial C5 suspension with no spring and by the time I got the car to the shop… Murci-Me and I had to pull the body to finish off things he should have know he had to do since he has apparently built many murci replica’s… and we were literally shocked to see what was underneath.

A butched up suspension, that was COMPLETELY UNSAFE, you will see the photos to follow. His welding was literally like a first time novice welding that it is unthinkable. The chassis was welded by a neighbor down the street but HE welded the rest of the car. I could make a list a long as my arm of problems one after another that has to be redone on this car… His roll cage alone is enough to make one laugh... or cry.

He charged me over $13k and Now I am have to hire Murci-Me me to tear out the entire suspension and redo everything. I have asked Jon Vandermolen for a refund of $3k to cover my costs of having things done correctly and he refuses to do so.

That is not asking much. So I am therefore forced to hire a lawyer and sue him to recover my costs for a terrible and completely unsafe build.

I am sorry to break this news but since he is not willing to admit his neglegence I certainly do not want anyone to hire him thinking they will get a top notch job.

From the selected pictures that JVD sent to me and I posted things looked great... but when you see what was "tacked" on underneath it is enough to make one sick. From the way JVD boasted about his replica experience.. I was expecting perfection like something from Chip Foose. WOW I was disappointed.

I gave him the opportunity to come out and make things whole, he came out to replace the AC condensor and brought out suspension brackets that looked like they were cut out with a sawzall and I could not have him waste my time any longer. I can’t replace Bad after bad.

ALL I CAN SAY IS: Caveat Emptor. Buyer Beware. I sincerely do not want anyone to have to deal with a nightmare like this...

I know it will cost me $$ for a lawyer... He will have to hire one too and by the time it is settled in court... It will cost him more in the long run than if he just pays me the $3k I am asking for. I will file a suit in Santa Ana and his time and money and lien I will place on his home/property and business will not be pleasant.

Reply with quote Back to top
MURCenaryOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 03:54 AM

I wish I could post pictures of the hack job here. But you can view them here:

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-kitcar-chat/warning-jvd-is-the-bill-madoff-of-the-replica-work-do-not-hire/

faaqassoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 05:45 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The Bernie Madoff reference is a stretch Dana. John did a superb paint job on my car, he is a great guy and has helped me out tremendously with my build.I know both sides of the story. I was there when you had him cut out the upper cage and told him just to put some tubing in there. He told you it couldn't be structural and you said fine to that because the body was already attached. Plus did you offer to pay for any of the changes you kept having him make?? Building these cars is not very profitable and every time you ask to change something there goes profit. You should have outlined where you wanted your roll cage, not after the fact!It is my understanding that on the wheel wells you didn't want to pay for a set of my factory fiberglass wheel wells so he went with steel. A lot of the stuff that was cut off was done so at your request Jon and I talk alot and I know you did't like the radiators where they were so you had him move them, now the tailights don't fit, that's where you wanted them you didn't supply him with the tail lights but he moved the rads again for you. The suspenion from my understand you were constantly questioning so he moved it for you to make you happy. The air tank was weld at the mounts not to the tank so that arguement that he welded directly to the tabk doesn't make any sense. My 2 cents on the whole thing is that Jon did what he could with the money. I wouldn't have touched that build for anything less than $25,000.00 with all the parts cutting the fiero, corvett suspension, air tanks, custom rads. ducting, custom chassis mounting and wiring the engine mounting the body etc. Maybe give him a chance to fix it instead of slamming him all over the place. It's not benefitting you in any way.

I met you, you seem like a nice guy but making Jon out to be a horrible person when I am know he is not is not right. He offered to make this right. Bring him the car let him fix it. Spending money on attorneys will get you nowhere but more money gone. Slamming him will get nothing done, I've seen this I've been there myself which is why I walked away from the industry. There is no money in kit cars. I'd be more worried about murci me and the $35k you gave him a year ago. From my understanding the money is gone you had to rent him a shop and he hasn't done anything in a year. How is he going to afford to finish you car. It won't be done anytime soon. I hope he gets it done but after a year of nothing being done on it and $35k out that is more scary than the chassis issue.

sc80Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:47 AM

Ok..this has nothing to do with me...
But from my view,

I believe murcenary choose not to bring the car back to JVD is because things(the car) might get worst after all these kinda situations and failed negotiations with JVD...

If JVD is a professional chassis welder (like what he claimed), he should had done things right at the very first place without any Givme A Second Chance to "do it all over again" or for trouble shooting or corrections kind of excuses...
Its aceptable If there is only few minor mistakes...
(come on, he's not a novice according to what he claimed)...
but looking at the front rubber touching the shocks, head roll over bars is barely welded and the list goes on....
those he made is not aceptable at all...those might cost a Goodman's life lost (a son,a father and a Husband to somebody just like most of us)...

Or u suggest/expect Murcenary to continue his built just with the craps he got on hand right now?
thats a nightmare...i believe he would rather ride a bicycle than driving that crap which look nice from outside(with MM's redefined kit) but JVD's Barely Weld together Chassis underneath...

if i were Murcenary, i would not want to bet my life with that thing...

about Murcie Me, he havent do anything at Murcenary's car yet after so long is because there's an agreement between two of them...
something like Murcie Me Finish his car for Knotts first and Things will start with Murcenary...

From what i see in Murcie Me's built's thread, did almost everything including fabricating, moulding, trouble shooting and wiring all by himself with his pair of hand...
After all these, everythings is ready to put together onto Murcenary's car without any "how to" from zero....
But if u look at his built, u will know how good things turns out......
If u are talking about time,
Hey! this is Murcie Me's first built...he is a NOVICE and how fast u expect?

i believe after Knotts, things is much faster than that as there's alot of moulds ready made while wiring diagram is memorised by Murcie Me himself...

lastly, i wonder why this " JVD consumer alert" thread had lead to another "(murcie me)consumer alert" warning....

Wonder if u have any conflicts with Murcie Me...or if he scammed your $ in the past?

this have nothing to do with Murcie Me...He is there to make things right & help Murcenary to rebuilt the Craps from someone else...he is the one suppose to get the credit...not the one being Hunt for...

Builder with positive feedbacks from JVD should have share their experience and opinion but not push the guilt and mistakes to someone else (who is not invlove at all) which is definately not right...

this is only my 2cts of facts and no offence intended to either parties..

regards
SC

Last edited by sc80 on Apr 08, 2009 - 01:56 PM; edited 3 times in total

MMBRAZILOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 12:02 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Just to clarify,MM in this thread is Murci-Me, not me.

Looking at the pics, that chassis is very dangerous, I think the builder should not accept clients wishes if it will interfere in safety. As we see at the end its his reputation being harmed.

MURCenaryOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thank you for your comments Fangasso, However, if you logged on to Mad Mechanics to see the photos I believe you would ave a differnt opinion. I have seen your Diablo up close and the roof cage was done perfect.

I am not a builder and I expected Jon to know how to build theses cars and what materials he needs to use.
I gave Jon a chance to come and make the corrections, he came out with a few brackets he cut with your plasma but they looked like they were cut with a sawzall, all the egges were so rough. I asked him if he had a grinder to do some finishing grinding on the car, He said he did have a grinder but he ceratainly did not use it on my car. There is sharp edges everywhere that have rubberhoses presseed right up against things, with the vibration of any car those would eventually cause HUGE problems.

To respond to your comments:
"John did a superb paint job on my car": I am not questioning Jon's abilities on painitng a car.

"he is a great guy and has helped me out tremendously with my build" He HELPED you with your build... You know what you are doing. I don't... that is why I hired HIM.

"I know both sides of the story." You can't possibly know both sides to the stroy when you have never spoken to me about it. You only know what JVD told you. Again... just look at the photos.

"I was there when you had him cut out the upper cage and told him just to put some tubing in there" He already had tubing in there and it was set WAY TOO LOW to have any head room, He was supposed to tuck it in tight so one could have plenty of head room (like your Diablo was done)

"He told you it couldn't be structural and you said fine": come on... do you think anyone would say "fine" to a crappy non safe roll cage? You were not standing there when we discussed this.

"...to that because the body was already attached.": I would have expected him to pull the body and do the job correctly... not just "tack" on a few crappy pieces of metal: See the photos.

"Plus did you offer to pay for any of the changes you kept having him make??" Yes that is why he charged me an extra $3k. I checked on when he deposiuted the check and it was literally minutes after he rec'd it.

"You should have outlined where you wanted your roll cage, not after the fact!": Come on... JVD is supposed to be the builder... After all he supposedly has build many murci replica's. He should know how and where to outline the roll cage.

"It is my understanding that on the wheel wells you didn't want to pay for a set of my factory fiberglass wheel wells so he went with steel": I don't mind the steel... he just bruise welded it together and did a crappy job: See photos... so I have to have Murci Me redo it all.

"A lot of the stuff that was cut off was done so at your request": Everything that was "cut off" was done so with Jons discretion. I did not "tell" jon what to cut off. Again... he is supposed to be the builder. I would not have known what to tell him to cut off and what not to.

"Jon and I talk alot and I know you did't like the radiators where they were so you had him move them, now the tailights don't fit, that's where you wanted them you didn't supply him with the tail lights but he moved the rads again for you": JVD has built a car with LP640 lights and should know how much space he needed with the radiators to be able to TELL ME he could not slant the raditors. Again I have not built a LP640 Replica HE HAS.

"The suspenion from my understand you were constantly questioning so he moved it for you to make you happy": Again, he is the builder... I don't know anything about the suspension, I was under the FULL impression that he was installing a complete set of a C5 Corvette suspension... not "mocking" bits and pieces from a C5 suspension, he did not even install the spring set up that comes with a C5 suspension. I was duped on this.

"The air tank was weld at the mounts not to the tank so that arguement that he welded directly to the take doesn't make any sense." I have photos of the tank that he actually welded to the FRAME of the car directly to the body of the tank. I will post those too.

"...ducting": I will post pictures of the ducting and you tell me if you think it is stisfactory?

"Maybe give him a chance to fix it instead of slamming him all over the place. It's not benefitting you in any way.": I offered him a chance to make restitution for a lousy $3k so I could try to get some of his crappy work redone correctly...and he laughed it off and said...: "If you'd like to post the pics on the forum feel free... you do what you feel you have to do"

I tried to call him to give him a chance to settle this like gentlemen and he blocked my phone number and e-mail.

So now my lawyer after seeing the photos is advising me to sue him for a FULL refund plus costs to correct his shoddy work. He feels once a judge sees the photos they will throw the book at him.

"I'd be more worried about murci me and the $35k you gave him a year ago. From my understanding the money is gone you had to rent him a shop and he hasn't done anything in a year. How is he going to afford to finish you car. It won't be done anytime soon. I hope he gets it done but after a year of nothing being done on it and $35k out that is more scary than the chassis issue.": This has nothing to do with JVD and his issues. Murci-Me is working on my car to fix the problems and mistakes that JVD did. Murci-Me said he will complete my car and this I do know... It will be done to 100% statisfaction and done correctly...hopefully.

IF you or anyone for that matter can tell me after seeing the photos of his crappy work can honestly say that it was acceptable. I don't know what to say.

HE forced my hand on this. He complained about how far it was to get to my car... well he should have never turned it over to me until it was done. This has been a horrible experience for me and I was tuly let down by my expectations of who JVD was and his abilities according to his claims as a top notch builder. I know many people were let down after seeing his work.

This is going to cost JVD more than the $3k he could pay back to me. Not to mention lost work. I liked JVD as a person... but after seeing his work close up and personal... as a builder... all I can say is Oh My Gosh!!!EEK Evil or Very Mad

JVD has my number if he wants to talk and settle this matter.

Last edited by MURCenary on Oct 02, 2011 - 02:31 PM; edited 3 times in total

sc80Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 01:36 PM

MMBRAZIL wrote:
Just to clarify,MM in this thread is Murci-Me, not me.

Oppsss....sorry...i've corrected the little confuses & mistakes i made...
please forgive...

and Thanks.. Wink

customshop1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2009 - 06:15 AM

Hello I thought I would ad my 2 cnts. I would love to see your pics. I bought a body from JVD and it was terrible fiberglass and my chassis came fro chassis works but you could tell the part that where not welded by them. i replaced all of the bad welded parts and did a Butt load of body work talked to Jon and asked for a fefund for the body being in such bad shape and his response was that is just the way fiber glass is. I have been building cars for 20 years and the is about the worst fiber glass I have ever had to work with. My 9 year old son could to better fiber glass work. I let it go and chalked it up to a bad Deal. But thought i would share another bad dealling with JVD. Then he has the never to show my car on his website. He did not build, paint, or fabicate this car.
It was all built by my shop.
http://www.customshop.org/html/cars/lambo_2007/lambo_2007_main_3.html
I try to stay off the radar with all of the law suit out there with Lambo. but this is my personal car and they tried to come after my for a while.
Good luck with the repair work sorry to hear about it.

MURCenaryOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2009 - 01:24 PM

WOW... you car turned out gorgeous!!!

Of course no thanks to Jon Vandermolen at JVD.

You can see the pictures at: http://www.madmechanics.com/general-kitcar-chat/warning-jvd-is-the-bill-madoff-of-the-replica-work-do-not-hire/

Please make sure you are sitting down when vieing the photos of his work... you will be amazed.

Jump to: