Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 72 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimboOffline
Post subject: I'm not blue anymore  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2009 - 02:47 AM

Finally I can say this. I’m DONE!! Ok not really you’re never done but today I took it in and it passed the PA enhanced inspection. All that is left is waiting on the state to do the paperwork and send me my tags then take it back to the enhanced inspection place for the sticker. But this time I can drive it in Very Happy

I was surprised at the attention it got even though I tried to keep it hidden while it was in there. I got lucky because the enhanced inspection place is only 3 miles from my house and the guy doing the work was real easy to work with. We talked a few times and he told me exactly what I needed to do so I was ready when I went in.

I have different things that I want to do to it like better brakes but now I can drive it in nice weather and work on it in the winter.

I want to thank all the members of this board for all of the help. Most of you don’t even know you helped it was just me reading your comments and looking at your pictures that helped me and motivated me the most. I’m kind of a quiet person so I didn’t post allot but I read allot. You are a great bunch of knowledgeable people and I am impressed at the work I see being done to these cars. RT holy crap I can’t believe some of the options you are putting on your car. I know first hand how hard it is to do all of this and I just built a basic car. I feel like a better person being part of the brotherhood that this site has. And I’m excited to be included in the 3% club.

I would like to put the finished pictures in my build diary so it is complete so if anyone can tell me how to log in and post them I would appreciate it just PM me.

Here is a link to my latest pic’s http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/leppard20/
[url][/url]

Reply with quote Back to top
EXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2009 - 04:48 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Congrats on that sweet looking ride.( love the color by the way) And welcome to the growing 3%.

RTOffline
Post subject: RE: I  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2009 - 04:58 AM
KitCentral Fellow

JIMBO!!!! THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!
Congratulations on the PA inspection. I knew you could do it.
You should be very proud of yourself and your build. These cars ARE hard to build but you did it.
This is a great site with lots of talented members and that includes you. I saw you and your car at Carlisle and want to tell everyone what a good job you did. Anyone building now should take inspiration from you and keep going.
I look forward to seeing you at Carlisle next year and hopefully I will have mine done by then.

RT

dBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2009 - 06:21 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Hi Jimbo:

Excellelt looking ride!
Congratulations on this major milestone.

One common thread on these build is the determination to find a solution and keep pluggin away. I bet when you review all your pictures and see that initial pile of glasswork setting in the gage, you will truly know what you have accomplished.

What seats do you have in there?
Who was the body mfg?

dB.................

RUNDLCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2009 - 06:39 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Congrats Jim on getting to this point! You are right in that they are never finished. You have a good looking car and you should be proud that you accomplished your goal.

Great Job!

lambobuilderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2009 - 01:17 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Congratulations! great looking ride

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2009 - 04:25 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Coooool ride!!
G

Custom NAERC 6.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28631797@N03/

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2009 - 05:40 PM

Thanks guys your approval means allot since you are the only ones that know what it takes to do this from start to finish.

DB The body kit is a IFG and they are the seats that came with it. I have to say that IFG will still help when you need it even though they are out of business. I called and talked to Ray on Thursday to thank him and Dan for all of their support and he got right on the phone. He didnt know I was done he thought I was just calling to ask another question. They are really nice guys.

I plan on having it at Carlisle as long as everything goes good with the state and I hope to see allot of others there. Rt bring some shamies to wipe all the drool of of your car I think you will need it.

If anyone wants the color it is 1999 Acura Supersonic Blue Pearl but ill warn you allot of lighting makes it look purple but in the sun it is almost like a cobalt blue with pearl in it. I used Dupot paint if that matters.

I need my tags so I can start working out the bugs in it so I can drive it to Carlisle in the spring. Its only 25 miles but I want to be sure im not sitting on the side of the road waiting on a trailer to pick me up. That would be embarising.

Thanks again
Jim

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2009 - 11:23 PM

I got my plates today and I drove it around this evening. I put about 27 miles on it and it ran great. People were staring like crazy and I had 1 moreon trying to get me to race him. It is hard to judge out in the real world im so used to moving it around at my house and then when you throw in all of the other things out there like curbs pot holes other cars etc... it gets a little tough. I stopped at Advanced to show the gang in there my car and as I was leaving someone pulled in beside me and his question was how much did you pay for that. I said I built it but he didnt believe me. I cant wait to take it out again. Im so pumped up.

Jimbo

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 - 02:53 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Sweet!

G

Custom NAERC 6.0

RTOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 - 03:15 AM
KitCentral Fellow

That is GREAT! You have to be walking on air. Go out and enjoy your Lambo. That is what it is for.
Maybe we should start a post here for "come-back lines" so we can be ready with the perfect answer for some of the stupid questions people will ask.

RT

JimboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2009 - 10:55 PM

Ok I added a little video with my pictures.
http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/leppard20/
It is hard to see thats why it took a little bit before I pulled out. I still cant believe how people act when they see me drive by it is funny to watch but it makes you realize that you really accomplished something. I have about 155 miles on it so far and alot of it is town driving and I checked im getting a good 20 mpg.

Jimbo

gwaderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 12:19 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Pretty good mpg.

G

Custom NAERC 6.0

Flex182Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2010 - 02:44 AM

Very nice job on the car ..love the color.

sumitsolanki2002Offline
Post subject: ..  PostPosted: Apr 18, 2010 - 08:30 AM

Wow...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Jump to: