Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 65 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
intradomeOffline
Post subject: LS1 evap canister  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2009 - 08:59 PM
KitCentral Fellow

I have a question about hooking up evap canister in LS1. On this picture that I borrowed from the thirdgen.org

the area in the red box is evap canister purge valve. You can see one fuel line connects there, the other goes to the fuel rails.
1. Where in LS1 is the fuel return line?
2. How the excesive fuel gets back to the fuel cell?
3. Does the line from evap canister purge valve goes directly to evap canister? If not where does it go?
4. Is evap canister just hose in and hose out? Some of the units I am checking have some kind of evap canister vent valve harness connector attched to it? I didnt get evap canister yet, but will be getting from camaro ss, thats where i got my ls1.
5. Do I need any vacuum lines connected in the evap system?If so where do they go?

How did you guys connected yours?

Any help appreciated.

Sebastian

Reply with quote Back to top
intradomeOffline
Post subject: RE: LS1 evap canister  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2010 - 04:17 AM
KitCentral Fellow

I just realized if you were not logged in to thirdgen.org you couldnt see the image. I put the image on my site so now it is visible. Can anybody provide more clues?

Thank you,

S.

jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: LS1 evap canister  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2010 - 02:06 PM
KitCentral Fellow

The pressure regulator should have a return line on it. IT is located on the fuel rail crossover tube. If you inspect the fuel rails, are there two ports for fuel?
One, the larger, will be supply and the smaller will be return. The supply can enter the rail setup from anywhere, the return must be connected to the pressure regulator.

jdinnerOffline
Post subject: RE: LS1 evap canister  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2010 - 02:08 PM
KitCentral Fellow

If you are installing the evap can into a home built car I suggest you use one from an older car. These worked by using engine vacuum instead of an electric switch.

intradomeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2010 - 07:15 AM
KitCentral Fellow

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. However I was unable to find the pressure regulator or return line on my intake manifold's LS1(99 camaro ss). There are 2 lines: one that is fuel line the second comes out of evap canister purge valve. After searching the web i found this info on chevytunder.com: "The 1999 and later manifolds, though requiring just a single fuel line, will require a fuel pump assembly that has a built in regulator, or the other two options you may explore is to purchase the fuel filter/line assembly that allows you to install the two fuel lines into it with a single line out to the fuel injectors or can have your single line fuel rail modified for the two fuel lines and regulator added. " So it looks like the pressure regulator or return line is by the fuel pump. What would be the best way to get the return line now?

From guys who had this problem, parts number would be greatly appreciated.

Sebastian

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2010 - 02:50 PM
KitCentral Fellow

On the build that I am doing with an LS1 I am installing an aftermarket pressure regulator between the in-the-tank pump and the fuel rail. The return line runs from the regulator back to the tank.

dleachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2010 - 03:18 PM
KitCentral Fellow

This is not an eight cylinder question but the people on this thread seem to have the knowledge to answer it.
Would it be possible to use an in-line fuel pump setup instead of the in-tank pump with a Fiero fuel tank? There is too much structure in the way to use Diablo type tanks on a Fiero chassis. Or is it just a bad idea?

Don
Building a 6.0

EAMartinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2010 - 08:59 PM
KitCentral Fellow

dleach wrote:
This is not an eight cylinder question but the people on this thread seem to have the knowledge to answer it.
Would it be possible to use an in-line fuel pump setup instead of the in-tank pump with a Fiero fuel tank? There is too much structure in the way to use Diablo type tanks on a Fiero chassis. Or is it just a bad idea?

Don
Building a 6.0

You should be able to use an in-line pump, but it might need a smaller pump to feed it. Most high pressure pumps for FI don't suck well and need to be fed with a pump that will suck from the tank.

thewirewizzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2010 - 07:46 AM
KitCentral Fellow

The ls series gm motors use a single fuel line. The pressure regulator is inside the tank in the pump housing #3 in the pic Cool steve

intradomeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 11, 2010 - 08:30 PM
KitCentral Fellow

Thanks everybody for great suggestions. That gives me a good start.

Sebastian

Jump to: