Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Submit News :: Reviews :: FAQ   

There are 69 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Languages

Preferred language:

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chase1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Thats true, lots of $, lots of patience, and lots of determination.
Yes, the car is a G28L (G28, LP640 version). I purchased the "kit" from triangle-G back when he was still making them. He eventually sold the moulds to Jackie over at CarKitinc in Alabama. Its not the mercy1 though. I believe that car (mercy1) is actually a G24 (Triangle-G's first attempt at the Murcielago).
The G24 is worthless as far as acuracy. Its to short (body length) to narrow (width), the interior is terrible, if you're over 5'-10" you wont fit in it, nothing is available for it (side glass, windshield, grills, lights, etc.)
The other kit they offer is better. Although it is not 100% accurate, its possible to make the changes to bring it very close. It accepts OEM grills, lights, dash, seats, and so on. The '96 Maxima windshield drops right in, and the side glass is available.
If you are looking to build a car and not concerned with acuracy, the G24 will do. If you want something as close as possible (aside from Extreme or OEM), the G28 is the way to go.
Alot of people choose their build on how much its going to cost. Many people have bought the G24's because they are cheaper, and think they will have a low-cost build. Even though the G28 is more expensive to buy, in the end its actually a cheaper car to build than the G24, and holds its value much better. Alot of time and money is wasted on the G24 fabricating parts. The avarage OEM grill on the Murcielago is about $60. I guarantee you will spend alot more than that trying to fabricate the same grill for the G24 (time and material), and at best will only have average results. Same goes for the glass, lights, interior, etc. When the G24 is completed, no matter how good it looks, will only be worth about $25-30K at best (and you will spend more than that to build it). The G28 will cost the same to build, and if you do a good job, will easily fetch $60-70K, especially after its been road proven (I've been driving mine for 2 years now without any problems).

Reply with quote Back to top
darkprinceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 - 01:32 AM

So Chase1, Where would you recommend purchasing the G28 kit from? How do I get a hold of the company that sells them?

tallonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 - 02:02 PM

Did you read the other posts?

Last edited by tallon on Sep 12, 2011 - 03:44 PM; edited 1 time in total

darkprinceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 - 11:07 PM

Yes I did... I made that post premature. My apologies guys.

EzraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2011 - 04:29 AM

So, just to clarify. The G28 is the Mercy2 at Car Kit Inc in Alabama.
Glad I found this post, I was looking for information on the reputation of CKI.

Jump to: